Job Title: MHGAP Doctor
Job location: Idleb – Kansafra PHC
Report to: Syria Programs Manager
MedGlobal is a global humanitarian non-profit organization providing medical and health education services to people in need, including refugees and displaced persons, in disaster and underserved regions. The organization is composed of medical and public health professionals of diverse backgrounds.
Please explain the purpose and/or role in full detail.
CODE OF CONDUCT
MedGlobal Code of Conduct reflects the profession’s core set of beliefs and values of care, respect, trust, and integrity. These beliefs and values are fundamental to MedGlobal employees, volunteers, interns, consultants, officers’ coordinators, and directors to guide their practice and conduct.
The Code is organized into categories, as follows:
- Always act with fairness, honesty, integrity, and openness; respect the opinions of others and treat all with equality and dignity without regard to gender, race, color, creed, ancestry, place of origin, political beliefs, religion, marital status, disability, age, or sexual orientation.
- Provide a positive and valued experience for those receiving service within and outside MedGlobal.
CHILD PROTECTION POLICY
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to MedGlobal, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work.
MedGlobal is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
DISCRIMINATION, ABUSE AND HARASSMENT POLICY
MedGlobal provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. MedGlobal employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside the organization.
The MH-GAP doctor will provide consultations, training and technical oversight of the MHGAP implementation and ensure the quality, relevance and technical innovation of MedGlobal MHGAP interventions for the Syria Emergency Response.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide consultations to patients with priority mental health
- conditions in line with WHO guidelines relevant to the assessment, management and referral of priority mental health conditions in line with WHO mhGAP Humanitarian Intervention Guidelines (WHO mhGAP-HIG) and in coordination with local health authorities and health facility management.
- Data collection and reporting according to donor standards.
- Assist with the development of new proposals
- Identify and reinforce existing support mechanisms and work closely with local counterparts to
- Build referral pathways for the severe and patients with multiple needs.
- Review all mhGAP services for quality technical oversight
- Development and review of training materials and reports
- Identify and train staff in detection and referral of suspected cases of mental disorders and psychological distress and mental health promotion.
- Attending the regularly supervision sessions with the MedGlobal MHPSS Consultant
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
The MHGap Doctor should have the following skills, education, and experience:
- Certificate in medicine
- 2+ years’ experience working on MHPSS programs
- Experience in conducting patient consultations
- Training and supervision experience required.
- Trained on mhGAP manual (IG and/or HIG)
- Experience in mental health and protection work with displaced persons, refugees, returnees and vulnerable host communities.
- Experience and skills in training non-professionals
- Strong organizational and supervisory skills and interpersonal
- skills with the ability to work within a different cultural environment.
- Knowledge of the IASC Guidelines on Mental Health and Psychosocial Support in Emergency Settings.
- Good communication, teamwork skills and ability to work independently.
How to apply
The applications will be reviewed and candidates will be selected irrespective of the expiration of the application period.