Contractual Arrangement: Temporary appointment
Contract Duration: 12 months
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The purpose of the post is to provide technical support and coordination on strengthening nursing and midwifery capacity to improve service delivery in accordance with country needs and priorities.
- Develop gap analysis of immediate to long- term nursing education and training needs in close coordination with Centre for Nursing Development
- Coordinate a programme of online learning for nurses for short, medium and long term in close coordination with Centre for Nursing Development and by working with networks of RO N&M Policy Adviser
- Implement education reform for nurses in close coordination with Centre for Nursing Development
- Draft nursing input to Health Labour Market Analysis in close coordination with Centre for Nursing Development
- Develop of a spectrum of nursing roles in mental health support to patients to support Ukrainian Mental Health Action Plan (inclusive of training, regulation, development of protocols, guidelines and regulatory documents) in close coordination with Centre for Nursing Development with development
- Support N&M adviser, Country Office and Ukraine Centre for Nursing Development to identify stakeholders who can provide and develop trainings, identified to be immediately needed.
- Support N&M adviser and country office to ensure access for Ukrainian nurses to the trainings (follow up, translation, formatting, submitting to platforms).
Essential : University degree (Bachelor’s level) in Nursing or Midwifery.
Desirable : Master’s degree in one of the Health and Health Science. Expert knowledge of health systems and human resources for health. Expert knowledge of eastern countries of the Region. Postgraduate training and experience in Public Health, Global Health or similar.
Essential : At least two years of relevant experience.
Desirable : Experience in rapid evidence research skills. Experience in implementing, shaping and communicating health workforce policy priorities. Experience in WHO or another international public health organization.
Research methods and stakeholder management.
Report-writing skills (in English)
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Building and promoting partnerships across the Organization and beyond
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English, Ukrainian.
Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at USD 37,537 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.