EMERGENCY is an independent and neutral international organisation founded in 1994 to provide free, high-quality medical and surgical care to victims of war, landmines and poverty. Our organization promotes a culture of peace, solidarity and respect for human rights.
Our work is made possible by the work of professionals who choose to stand with against all adversities and difficulties that ensue in a country at war.
In Sudan we run the paediatric clinics in Nyala and Port Sudan, and in Khartoum we run the Salam Centre for Cardiac and Trauma Surgery. In order to strenghten our team we are currently hiring NURSES!
The Nurse plans and provides nursing care to patients in the hospital, promoting patients well being. He/She is responsible for ensuring that his/her nursing practice and conduct meet the standards of the professional, ethical and relevant legislated requirements. He/she is expected to know and apply Emergency protocols and guidelines.
Nurse’s tasks and include – but are not limited to – the ones listed below:
• Promoting an environment that enables patient’s safety, independence, quality of life, and health implementing all necessary actions such as infection control practices, checking and maintaining the functionality and the level of hygiene in the department overall;
• Undertaking a comprehensive and accurate nursing assessment of patients in a variety of settings
• Providing planned nursing care to achieve identified outcomes;
• Performing all the tasks related to specific department as per Nursing Competence Framework;
• Ensuring documentation/record keeping is accurate and maintaining confidentially of information
• Providing health education appropriate to the needs of the patients within a nursing framework
• Establishing, maintaining and concluding therapeutic interpersonal relationships with patient
• Collaborating and participating with colleagues and members of the health care team (HCT) to facilitate and coordinate care;
• Following the duty roasters and the organizational rules shared by the Team Leaders with particular focus on the respect of the shifts and the fulfilment of all the handover activities at the end of each shift
• Take part to all the training activities according to the training plan or to the guidelines given by the Team Leader/Head Nurse
Bachelor Degree in Nursing Practice.
Good English knowledge and ability to work in an international Environment
Good communication skills and the ability to deal with emotionally charged and pressured situations is essential.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
How to apply
Applicants are welcome to submit their professional resumes via DM or via email to the address [email protected]