The position holder is overall responsible for providing quality Infant & Young Child Feeding (IYCF) – E services at community and facility levels. The incumbent will engage in and will work with other team members in the delivery of optimal infant and young child feeding in emergency.
• Create awareness and sensitize the community on CMAM practices, IYCF, malnutrition, and the causes of malnutrition and treatment of malnutrition.
• Participate in the screening of children less than five years, referral and follow up of malnourished beneficiaries at the community level.
• Implement sensitization activities for targeted communities about CMAM, IYCF with support from MOH, community leaders and other key stakeholders at LGA level.
• Ensure timely submission of weekly reports, monthly reports and MUAC screening data & reports to nutrition officers for compilation.
• Organize and lead the formation of Mother-to-Mother Support Groups for IYCF with the support of IYCF/Nutrition Officer.
• Ensure strong communication links with all other CMAM staff, providing advice and support to all other staff members on infant and young child feeding issues as and when they arise.
• Conduct education sessions within the surrounding community on the importance of infant and young child feeding (IYCF) practices in conjunction with community mobilisers.
• Aid in establishing care group approach (CGs) within the community to provide additional support for mothers and extend knowledge of good infant and young child feeding (IYCF) practices.
• Support in recruiting care group promoters across the catchment area of the project intervention.
• Conduct care group training in collaboration with care group facilitators for the care group promoters.
• Improve on the linkages between the care group beneficiaries with primary health care and community management of acute malnutrition (CMAM) program and other ongoing programs in the community where applicable.
• Participate in surveillance activities including home visit to monitor nutrition situation and program activities.
• Participate in direct skilled IYCF support services including Growth Promotion and Monitoring at IYCF corners/spaces and other contact points.
• Organize and participate in food demonstration sessions periodically.
• Conduct regular focus group discussions with beneficiaries to assess barriers to optimal IYCF uptake. Ensure Gender mainstreaming in nutrition, and integration of other sectors.
• Support the development of case studies and success stories from program implementation.
• Support other nutrition activities as necessary.
- Minimum 2 years’ professional experience as Nutrition Assistant.
- Prior experience in an INGO is required.
- Fluency in spoken and written English (Mandatory)
- Analytical and reporting skills
- Respect and adherence to protection principles
- Capacity to work under pressure, flexibility
- Work within the framework of IINTERSOS Nigeria’s core values.
- Act as an ambassador for INTERSOS Nigeria, through professionalism and conduct
How to apply
ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirements of the position will be contacted.
Application Deadline: apply no later than 11th June 2023 at 4:00 PM.
INTERSOS is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups, and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply”.
INTERSOS does not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment. Applications are processed according to the order of arrival. INTERSOS reserves the right to close the offer before the term initially expressed in the advert if an applicant is accepted.
For more information about INTERSOS, go to https://www.intersos.org/en/what-we-do/nigeria/