Created in 1979, Action contre la Faim is an international non-governmental organization that fights hunger in the world. Its charter of humanitarian principles – independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, transparency – has been the basis of its identity for over 40 years. Its mission is to save lives by ending hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of undernutrition, especially during and after emergencies related to conflicts and natural disasters. Action Against Hunger coordinates its programs around 5 areas of activity: Nutrition and Health – Mental Health, Psychosocial Support and Protection – Food Security and Livelihoods – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Advocacy. In 2021,www.actioncontrelafaim.org
YOUR JOB AND YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the EU Humanitarian Advocacy Advisor, you are in charge to develop Action Against Hunger advocacy at EU level on nutrition security, and influence EU policies and institutions towards the multisectoral approach (health, nutrition, food security, WASH, social protection) to nutrition security.
Your main responsibilities are:
– Implement ACF EU advocacy on nutrition security
– Active participation in internal and external advocacy coordination
– Contribute to the overall ACF-France advocacy strategy
You hold a university degree in a field relevant to the position (EU policies, development, etc.); 1-3 years of experience, preferably at the EU level and/or working with NGOs.You demonstrates knowledge of EU policies and EU institutions and knowledge of NGOs work at EU level.
You have a first experience in advocacy at EU level and knowledge of EU nutrition and development policies.
You have excellent drafting and reporting skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills and excellent English and French verbal and writing skills.
YOUR CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
– Contract under Belgian law
– Gross annual remuneration between 38K and 42K (dependent on experience) spread over 13.92 months with annual indexation;
– 30 days holiday per year in addition to the official public holidays of the Kingdom of Belgium;
– Group insurance / supplementary pension AXA (6% of gross salary);
– Meal voucher of 8 EUR / day worked of which employer’s contribution of 6,91 EUR (1,09 EUR to be paid by the employee);
– DKV hospitalization insurance paid by the employer;
– Participation in the cost of transport from home to work in accordance with the agreements in place
Pour postuler, cliquez sur ce lien / To apply, please click on this following link : apply here