Catholic Medical Mission Board (CMMB) is an international developmental organization that believes in a world in which every human life is valued, and health and human dignity are shared by all. We believe that access to quality healthcare is a basic human right. For nearly 110 years, we have worked with global partners to deliver locally sustainable, quality healthcare solutions to women, children and their communities. For further information on CMMB South Sudan, visit our webpage at http://www.cmmb.org/join-our-movement/careers/vement/careers/).
CMMB has been working in South Sudan for over a decade providing a package of integrated health services to vulnerable populations in South Sudan. CMMB supports the Ministry of Health (MOH), working with other health partners, to provide: (a) a continuum of care through integrated health services and related capacity strengthening at the community, facility and policy levels; (b) health infrastructure strengthening through construction and renovation to increase access to safe and secure health services; and (c) Health seeking behavior change communication through education, awareness and advocacy. CMMB also promotes equal access to basic essential medicines through its medical donation program.
The Implementation Director (ID) reports to the Principal Investigator and has overall responsibility for daily management of all program activities and subawards in line with donor requirements and procedures. He/she will provide leadership in the strategic planning and vision of the program and oversee programmatic performance, including the monitoring and evaluation of all activities. He/she will ensure the quality of program activities and deliverables, making sure that they are executed in a timely manner. The ID will manage, supervise and support technical leads and State-level leadership teams to maintain synergy and drive towards program goals. He/she will collaborate with and support program engagements with government agencies and stakeholders regarding program partnerships and activities. He/she will promptly identify program shortfalls and complications and produce appropriate solutions. The ID will support the PI in overseeing the quality, cost-effectiveness, and timeliness of implementation to ensure that the program meets its objectives and results. The ID will work with technical leads and will form and manage State-level teams. The ID also performs PI tasks as delegated and collaborates with other programs to promote teamwork.
Roles and responsibilities
- Support the PI in overseeing the quality, cost-effectiveness, technical direction, management quality, and on-time implementation of the program to ensure it meets its objectives and targets and achieves its results.
- Provide management oversight for all aspects of daily program implementation and guide technical input across all technical and geographic focus areas.
- Ensure the program sufficiently includes key populations and other groups missed in the HIV response to date.
- Oversee organizational assessments and subsequent capacity building of program partners (including capacity building of Government of South Sudan departments as appropriate).
- Promote collaboration and identify opportunities for mutual support between technical and geographically focused teams.
- Provide technical oversight of and serve as main technical point of contact for program subcontractors, managing technical contributions as relevant and applicable over the life of the program.
- Represent the program to key public and private sector stakeholders and beneficiaries and to CDC or other donors as delegated by the PI. Support overall stakeholder management in collaboration with the PI.
- Lead the program’s external liaisons with other partners operating in the same technical and/or geographic area and other donor programs to facilitate cooperation, collaboration, and partnerships.
- Lead the preparation of required donor reports and deliverables, including monthly reports, annual work plans, and all periodic program progress reports.
- Lead the regular review and assessment of work plan activities with program leadership to ensure progress and achievement of desired results and impact.
- Oversee program external communications.
- Serve as acting PI when the PI is on leave or away from post.
- Perform PI tasks as delegated.
- At least 10 years’ experience designing and managing development assistance activities focused on the health sector (with an emphasis on HIV/AIDS).
- Demonstrated experience in at least three of the following area: HIV/AIDS, community health, health workforce development, organizational capacity building, program management.
- Experience working collaboratively with host-country government and other development partners.
- Strong analytical skills, demonstrated leadership skills, and proven ability to make good judgment calls and take the initiative.
- Experience directing the production of technical documents and reports.
- Experience in South Sudan; awareness of the South Sudanese economic and political climate and development challenges.
- Excellent interpersonal, diplomacy, and leadership skills and demonstrated ability to supervise and mentor staff.
- At least a master’s degree or equivalent experience in public health, medicine, international development or a similar field.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- High-level written and spoken English; Arabic and Azande preferred.
How to apply
How to apply
Please submit your CV and covering letter addressed to CMMB South Sudan & HR at the following email address: [email protected]. We encourage qualifying female candidates to apply. Please note that CMMB is obliged to undertake a PSEA reference check on the selected candidate, and by applying you consent to this additional check on your person. Thank you for your interest in serving with CMMB in South Sudan.