Médecins Sans Frontières, an international humanitarian medical association created in 1971, provides medical assistance to populations struggling with crises threatening their survival, mainly in the event of armed conflict, but also epidemics, natural disasters or exclusion from care.
The French section of MSF is present in more than thirty countries. The operations department works on a hundred projects and has a very diversified operational portfolio: women’s health, mental health, oncology, reconstructive surgery, response to epidemics, malnutrition, climatic disasters…
He leads around thirty missions deployed in the field in the Middle East, Asia, Africa, Europe and South America. Within the framework of the current strategic plan, it sets out the areas of work of the missions with the main objective of providing care to patients in complex and changing intervention contexts.
The Operations Department is made up of almost a hundred people: an Operations Department, 8 operational cells in charge of managing the missions, and cross-functional units or project teams.
The team is mainly based in the Paris office, and 4 of the operational cells are decentralized: Tokyo, Nairobi, Dakar, Dubai.
As part of a permanent replacement, we are looking for an Operations Department Assistant .
Purpose of the position:
Under the hierarchical responsibility of the Director of Operations, and in tandem with the operations information officer, the executive assistant assists the management team and the operations department to optimize the management of the activity of the point of relational, organizational and administrative view and is in charge of the specific files entrusted to him.
Main missions :
For the Operations Department
- Provide day-to-day assistance to the Director of Operations: manage appointments and the electronic mailbox, draft emails and internal communications, flag priorities and ensure the transmission of important messages, archive sensitive files
- Contribute to maintain the link with the managers, members and units of the team
- In support of management, organize discussion times with other teams
- Understand priorities and facilitate management strategies
- Liaise with other departments (executive assistants and executive assistants)
For the Operations Department
- Ensure the administrative management of the department: absence and on-call schedules, organization charts, travels, expenses, invoices, etc.
- Support the onboarding of people in the team: participate in the induction process (briefings, tools, training), organize the integration of colleagues
- Plan the annual interviews of the team attached to the Management
- Encourage and ensure access to professional training for team members
- Maintain close interactions and a strong link with the teams of the decentralized cells: HR follow-up, regular contacts, visits to Paris
- By delegation, build the operating budget of the department (Direction, cells, cross-functional units), participate in steering and monitoring, anticipate budget variations
- Follow the specific files that are entrusted: induction, travel, expert and mobile contracts
With the team managers:
- Monitor recruitment, organize contract requests, monitor the annual interview campaign
- Monitor specific and sensitive HR files by ensuring compliance with the HR processes in place (immigration, reinforcements, coaching, reorganization, etc.)
- Follow the procedures for signing delegations of authority to field coordinators and the ensuing apostille and legalization procedures
Internal communication and organization of highlights:
- Distribute set-up information, visit reports, and country handover information
- Circulate information to the various interlocutors
- Contribute to the internal newsletter (propose internal interviews and topics)
- Contribute to the organization of team seminars, commissions and revised budgets, coordinators’ week and make information available on mission updates
- Attend strategic meetings: info points, operations meetings, interdisciplinary platforms, CA, thematic meetings
- Prepare international meetings if they take place in Paris
In the event of crisis management and respecting confidentiality, provide administrative and logistical support relating to the setting up of crisis cells (support in setting up the cell, facilitating the administrative organization of rotations, support and access to information) and ensure the proper flow of information within the dedicated set-ups.
Required profile :
- Bac +3 or 5 diploma (international relations, HR, political science, law, etc.)
- Professional experience required of at least 3 or 5 years.
- MSF experience desirable
- Experience desired in an associative environment
- Experience required in an international structure
- Previous experience within MSF OCP is a plus (headquarters or field)
- Desired experience in budget monitoring, administrative and HR management
- Desirable experience in the organization of events or internal highlights
- Desirable experience in information dissemination and internal communication
Required Skills :
- Mastery of standard office tools
- Written and oral communication
- Note taking
- Gestion d’agendas complexes
Languages: French C2 and English B2
Status: Permanent position based in Paris. Executive, full time, 4 month trial period.
€45,591,000 gross per year over 13 months, 22 days RTT per year, complementary health insurance 100% covered by Médecins Sans Frontières. Restaurant vouchers with a face value of €11 (60% covered by Médecins Sans Frontières). Support at 50% of the public transport season ticket.
Position to be filled : As soon as possible.
Our wish is to promote inclusion and diversity. We also want to improve the representation of people with disabilities in our workforce.
How to apply
until May 01, 2023 inclusive.
Only candidates whose files have been selected will be contacted.