MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
Under the direction of the Protection Officer (Turkey response), the PSS Assistants will ensure the implementation of all the PSS activities, and will keep a safe and child-friendly environment.
The main tasks will be:
- Proactively suggest and adapt the PSS curriculum to use for the structured sessions.
- Conduct structured and unstructured culturally and age appropriate PSS activities to strengthen resilience and teach positive coping mechanisms.
- Ensure that children feel comfortable, safe, and enjoy the activities, and ensure that children’s participation is always accounted for.
- Always promote an atmosphere of respect, gender equality and solidarity in the implementation of PSS activities.
- Ensure Child Protection Minimum Standards are mainstreamed into all the PSS activities.
- Be a positive role model and demonstrate conflict-solving behaviors.
- Liaise with caregivers to keep them informed of any developments or problems.
- Organise informal meetings with caregivers to provide tips on positive parenting skills, and on how to deal with difficult child behaviors.
- Screen for and monitor child protection needs and gaps during the implemented activities and refer cases in need to other service providers.
- Perform additional tasks as instructed by the Protection Officer.
KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT AND OTHERS:
Ensure collection of quantitative and qualitative PSS data, data entry and safe and confidential documentation storage.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES :
- Bachelor education degree in pedagogy, education, or social work. Experience performing the duties of this job may substitute for the degree requirements.
- At least 2 years of experience in the PSS sector, conducting PSS and recreational activities for vulnerable children.
- Familiar with child protection risks, related international standards, and child protection prevention and response strategies.
- Knowledge of global MHPSS guidelines, including the IASC guidance on MHPSS.
- Perfect knowledge of Safeguarding, and professional and personal integrity.
- Excellent personal communication skills.
- Fluency in Arabic and Turkish. English is a plus.
- Basic computer skills: excellent knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email/internet software.
How to apply
Interested candidates should fill out and send their CVs to the form below:
before the closing date of April 30, 2023
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Unsuccessful applications will neither be acknowledged nor returned. Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered