Created in 1979, Action contre la Faim is a non-governmental organization that fights against hunger. Its charter of humanitarian principals- independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, transparency – has been part of its identity for more than 40 years. Its mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of under-nutrition, particularly during and after emergency situations linked to conflicts or natural disasters. Action contre la Faim focuses its actions on 5 main areas of expertise: Nutrition and Health – Mental Health, Psychosocial Support and Protection – Food Security and Livelihoods – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Advocacy. In 2021, Action contre la Faim provided aid to 25 million people in more than 46 countries worldwide. www.actioncontrelafaim.org
The recent development in Ukraine have led over 7.6 million refugees to flee over the borders from Ukraine and a further 6.3 million have been displaced within Ukraine. The estimated 17,7 million people that are stranded in Ukraine face shortages of basic needs such as water, food and medicine.
5,796,748 refugees have crossed the Polish border, 591,947 refugees have crossed the Moldavian border and 1,127,998 refugees the Romanian border. This situation has led ACF France to open Country Offices, in Ukraine, Poland and Romania and ACF Spain in Moldova. ACF has deployed a regional multi-sectorial strategy through direct implementation and partnership. Core activities are Food Security & Livelihood (canned and dry food distribution, hot meals, cash) and Mental Health & Care Practices (psychosocial support, PFA training, Baby Friendly Space, psychiatric referrals). In Ukraine strategy includes WASH activities (rehabilitation/repair of centralized water and sanitation networks as well as gas networks and boiler plants, minor repair of Collective/Transit Centers and hygiene kit distribution) as well as Health & Nutrition ones (primary health care structures support). In Romania ACF activities are implemented on the northern border (with Ukraine) and eastern border (with Moldova).
ACF Poland and Romania is a small team across two countries and multiple operational bases. Romania is coordination country with 8 int
You will define, supervise and coordinate mental health, care practices, and protection programmes and strategies to guarantee the quality, the relevance and the scaling of the MHPSS & Protection intervention strategy, following ACF, international and national policies and standards.
More specifically, you will be in charge to :
– Contribute to definition of the country strategy, and definition of the strategy and positioning of the MHPSS & Protection technical department;
– Coordinate identification of needs and formulation of project proposals;
– Support implementation and carry out reporting on programmes/projects;
– Guarantee the quality and accountability of the projects;
– Ensure the active involvement of ACF in the national sectoral coordination, the technical platforms and develop sectoral partnerships;
– Manage the teams;
– Promote capitalization, development, technology and research in the MHPSS&P Department;
– Guarantee and ensure the confidentiality of data collected during the MHPSS&P activities
– You hold a Master’s degree or PhD in clinical psychology; or in psychology; or in psychiatry, or Degree in the previously mentionned fields complemented with significant field experience;
– You have at least 3 years of professional experience and 2 years of humanitarian field experience with a global NGO, including 1 year in managerial or supervisor role;
– You have developped strong managerial skills: planning, communication, delegation, time management, problem-solving, decision-making and you are able to support and empower a large team;
– You are familiar with programme and project management, budgetting;
– You are familiar with the international guidelines for mental health care integration into primary health care;
– You have knowledge on the delivery of mental health services in public heath settings and at community-based level;
– You have experience with partnership management and recovery activities
– You have working experiences in different context and settings (urban areas, rural areas, , in development and emergency settings etc.) and are familiar with volatile environments
– You have proven computer skills, good prioritizing skills; and are able to absorb important workload and work under pressure
– You are fluent in English
– Knowledge of the region and the local languages (Romanian and/or Polish) would be a plus
– Knowledge of ACF internal processes would be a great asset
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS / SALARY
– 8 months fixed term contract
– Remuneration package and competitive benefits according to ACF policies.