GAVI CSO HOSTING ARRANGEMENT
Amref Health Africa was named host of the Gavi Civil Society Organization (CSO) Steering Committee (SC) in 2022. In this hosted partnership, Amref Health Africa will work with a wide array of civil society organizations to support Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance’s goals to achieve the global Immunization Agenda 2030 and Gavi’s Strategy for 2021-2025 including integration of COVID -19 vaccines into Gavi’s core programmes. Amref, as the host, will provide coordination, strategic advisory services, constituency governance systems and process management, communications and administrative services, including advocacy, networking and knowledge management.
The CSO Regional Lead will oversee the CSO SC activities and coordination in the Asia region. S/he will report directly to the Programme Manager. In this role, it is expected that s/he will work in collaboration with the Advocacy Manager, Communications and Liaison Officer and Gavi CSO Steering Committee to deepen the engagement of Gavi CSO partners in immunisation activities in this region.
- Work with the Programme Manager and the Gavi CSO SC programme implementation in the Asia region
- Develop and manage a knowledge management (KM) strategy
- Work closely with the Advocacy Manager, Communication and Liaison Officer in enhancing Gavi CSO’s agenda in the region
- Manage a CSO Constituency membership database to ensure up to date member details and increase membership transparency and visibility through real time analytics on geographic location, technical expertise, and other organisational characteristics across Constituency members
- Support CSO mapping efforts, in close coordination with the Gavi Secretariat and other aligned donors and partners
- Provide timely information on Gavi Full Portfolio Planning (FPP) and national processes to Constituency Members
- Propose and promote creative solutions for knowledge management that support the CSO hosting arrangement’s objectives
- Support the establishment and facilitation of a community of practice (CoP) for CSOs, and foster systematic learning across the Gavi Alliance, Gavi CSO Constituency and broader CSO and health space
- Actively liaise with Gavi CSO partners in Asia
- Prepare KM and management analytical reports
- Support the establishment of and management of the operation of KM online tools and monitoring the same
- Organize and implement trainings for the core team on KM
- Work with the Programme Manager, Advocacy Manager and SC representative to convene monthly coordinating calls with the Constituency in order to strengthen linkage
- Support the development and dissemination of knowledge and experience through enhanced communication, strengthened knowledge products and publications
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Education and Professional Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Social Sciences, International Development or a closely related field
- Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience in cross-cultural environments and ability to work with diverse stakeholders
- Demonstrable ability in communicating complex ideas simply
- Proven experiences to work in Asia, ability to collaborate with networks and CSOs in health and immunization
- Ability to operationalise a strategy into action and track record in managing large databases or information
- Strong interpersonal and people skills, and demonstrate high levels of integrity
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively through oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with computer spreadsheets to manage data bases
- Strong ability to multi-task and deliver quality work within tight deadlines
- Competence and familiarity with Microsoft office and use of internet
- Language skills: Excellent spoken and written English; Proficiency in French is an added advantage
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Flexible with a preference for Gavi countries in the Asia region.
How to apply
You will be directed to our online portal where you will need to create an account in order for you to be able to submit your application. Your application should include a cover letter (in English) detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV (in English) with relevant skills and experience. Closing date will be May 31, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and has not retained any agent in connection with recruitment. Although Amref may use different job boards from time to time to further spread its reach for applicants, all open vacancies are published on our website under the Vacancies page and on our official social media pages. Kindly also note that official emails from Amref Health Africa will arrive from an @amref.org address.
Amref Health Africa is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.