EHA Clinics, a subsidiary of eHealth Africa, is a health care network operating across Nigeria that provides high-quality, innovative, data-driven, and technology-enabled services. EHA Clinics delivers a comprehensive range of state of the art health care services in each location, e.g, general consultations, laboratory investigations, pharmaceuticals, annual medical checks, child wellness checks, ultrasonography, and specialized services (urgent care, telemedicine, home care, dental care, and ophthalmology).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Registered Nurse
Department: Nursing Services
Reports to: Senior Manager, Nursing Services
Purpose of this Position
- The Registered Nurse provides direct and indirect care for assigned patients in various nursing units and home visits per scheduled shift.
- The Registered Nurse is primarily responsible for professional performance and safe patient care.
- The role encompasses nursing assessment, diagnosis, planning, intervention, evaluation, and coordination of care for patients across the healthcare continuum involving families.
- Duties include but are not limited to, managing patients with various medical cases.
The Registered Nurse will support the nursing department predominantly to:
- Perform patient assessment using appropriate, problem-focused, and age-specific assessment techniques.
- Analyze the assessment data, derive nursing interventions, set priorities according to patient needs, formulate a plan of care, and implement and evaluate the outcome.
- Document all relevant data in the electronic medical record according to clinic standards.
- Treat patients and families with care and respect while maintaining patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Involve the patient, significant others, and health care providers in the plan of care when appropriate.
- Collaborate with other disciplines through multidisciplinary meetings and care conferences to facilitate patient care and operations.
- Attends to Home care visits when scheduled on-call shift
- Recognize subtle cues to anticipate potential problems.
- Demonstrate the required assessment and therapeutic skills.
- Implement and monitor infection control measures.
- Apply safety measures related to patient care.
- Operate all unit-required equipment safely.
- Ensure the availability and maintenance of supplies and equipment needed for the unit and patient care.
- Accountable for the use of patients and the clinic’s resources.
- Accountable to the patient, the organization, the profession, and self.
- Perform clerical duties when needed.
- Provide basic life support when needed.
- Administer medications, monitor desirable and undesirable effects, and intervene appropriately.
- Ensure that patients are provided with appropriate nutrition.
- Manage patients with infectious diseases when applicable.
- Manage pediatric patients with infectious diseases when applicable.
- Travel to patients’ homes to deliver care as required.
- Strictly follow clinical guidelines and standard operating procedures set by the clinic management.
- Provide emotional support and measures to alleviate fear and anxiety.
- Assess patient and family readiness and identify learning needs.
- Lead/encourage multidisciplinary approach for patient’s discharge.
- Develop and implement the teaching plan utilizing the patient education manual.
- Document patient and family education.
- Participate in voluntary community health activities to promote, maintain and restore health and prevent diseases.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to the REACH program Code of Conduct and ethical standards of the field.
Key Areas of Note
- Ensure continuing education, training and development is undertaken to meet clinical governance guidelines for Continuing Professional Development and a Personal Development Plan.
- Keep up to date with relevant medical research, technology, and evidence-based medical practice by attending continuing education courses and professional meetings, reading journals, etc.
- Perform a variety of research and analysis tasks associated with the improvement of clinical care, medical diagnosis, and treatment where appropriate.
- Audit of clinical practice and review of relevant literature.
- Research unusual symptoms and treatment options, through consultation with physicians and other medical specialists.
- Provide literature reviews and the like; review, analyze and determine the significance of a variety of diagnostic test results.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma of Nursing from an accredited nursing college, University with High Distinction (Top 10% of graduating class).
- Must have current clinical experience in direct patient care and have worked a minimum of 2 years in the last 3 years.
- Must have at least 3 years of postgraduate nursing experience in an accredited University Teaching, Federal Medical Centre, or International hospital.
- Hold and maintain a current nursing license to practice in Nigeria.
NB: Scan And Upload In One Document The Following Below
- Valid license
- Curriculum Vitae
- Registration Certificate
- License to practice
- graduation certificate
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Computer literacy
- Excellent Communication
- Working Under Pressure
- Humane, Empathetic and Supportive Bedside Manner
- Leadership and Teamwork
- Problem solving and Initiative
- Time Management and Organization
- Attention to Detail.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: