Lily Hospitals Limited, established since 1986 remains one of the foremost hospitals in Nigeria and within the South-South region of the country. It is the first private hospital in Nigeria to achieve ISO 9001:2000 quality management system certification from the Standards Organization of Nigeria (SON). We are committed to high standards; continuous improvement, service excellence, organizational citizenship, and outstanding work ethics.
At Lily Hospitals, we are consistently committed to high standards; continuous improvement, service excellence, organizational citizenship, and outstanding work ethics. running residency training programs in family medicine and radiology. Lily Hospitals is also involved in housemanship training, internship training in Pharmacy and Radiology. We have multiple locations in Benin, Warri, Okuokoko etc.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Surgeon
Location: Warri, Delta
Employment Type: Full Time
- We are seeking to hire a General Surgeon to join our team and perform a variety of surgical procedures on our patients in our facility.
- This role is responsible for preoperative diagnosis of patient, performing operations and providing the patient with postoperative surgical care and treatment.
- Ultimately, you will work with a team of medical professionals overseeing the medical and surgical care of patients.
Key Result Areas (KRA)
- Analyze records, reports, test results or examination information to diagnose medical condition of patient and advice on surgical procedures when necessary.
- Perform surgical procedures to prevent or correct injuries, diseases and deformities on patient while adhering to all regulatory and ethical protocols.
- Perform minor or major surgical procedures as required, independently and with other team of medical professionals if need be.
- Oversee all treatment prior to post-surgery, and identify associated risks.
- To be “on-call” or participate in shift rosters is a requirement of the position
- Manage the administrative requirements of the hospital and patient care including ensuring discharge summaries and medico-legal correspondence are completed with no delay.
- Ensure accomplishment of quality training in the department through continuing medical education, and more formal academic education and for the team.
- Candidate must possess a valid license to practice medicine from the Nigerian Medical and Dental Association and must hold a specialist qualification in general medicine.
- Minimum of 7 years cogent experience practicing as a general surgeon is required.
- Relevant certifications or trainings as a general surgeon.
- The candidate must have good hand-eye coordination, stamina and empathy for patients.
- Candidate must have a working knowledge of global quality assurance, clinical audit principles and processes and must exhibit commitment towards continuous quality improvement.
- Must have good communication skills and excellent decision making skills and possess the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Great management and leadership skills
Application Closing Date
5th June, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using “General Surgeon” as the subject of the email.