Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Integrated Supportive Supervision / Quality Improvement Specialist
Job ID: 2023-5036
Employment Status: Full-Time
Category: International Positions
- Jhpiego seeks a Quality Improvement (QI) Specialist for Nigeria on The Global Fund funded, “Quality Improvement and Leadership and Management Strengthening through Technical Assistance”.
- The project aims to provide support to Global Fund programs in Nigeria to implement an innovative approach for integrated supportive supervision (ISS) that includes collaborative improvement, training, a web-enabled supervision checklist, and supervision of supervisors to improve health worker performance and quality of care for integrated HIV/TB/Malaria/primary health care services for underserved population, as well as strengthen leadership and management skills among Ministry of Health staff for QI and improved integrated service delivery in health facilities and communities.
- The QI specialist will support quality improvement and leadership and management activities in FCT Abuja and will work closely with the QI advisor to implement project activities, in coordination with the Ministry of Health and other government agencies.
- Provide technical assistance for quality improvement and leadership and management activities in FCT Abuja to achieve rapid and sustained goals, objectives and targets.
- In collaboration with the QI Advisor support QI capacity-building activities (training and ongoing mentoring) for facility health workers and LGA and state coordinators using virtual and in-person methods as appropriate
- Support use of QI and L&M training curricula and tools as part of QI capacity-building activities and ongoing support of QI teams and MOH
- Provide onsite support and mentoring to project sites in the selected project region for quality improvement activities related to HIV/TB/Malaria/primary health care services.
- Support coordination and administration of virtual and/or in-person activities
- Moderate and manage communication via selected virtual platforms
- Contribute to preparation of program reports, communications and presentations.
- Work closely with the QI Advisor to develop and maintain strong working relationships with MOHs, State GoN agencies, LGA and health facility stakeholders and involve them in this process.
- With the QI Advisor, represent Jhpiego and the project’s progress, achievements and lessons learned to ministry of health officials, key stakeholders, and through meetings and presentations.
- Monitor project activities in FCT Abuja to ensure that they are on track and communicate regularly with the project management team about progress.
- Support the coordination of planned activities with relevant MoH department and other stakeholders, leadership and staff and ensure support and collaboration
- Provide technical assistance in the areas of quality improvement, leadership and management.
- Support work plan development and reporting processes in close collaboration with the project team.
- Write and review project materials related to FCT Abuja.
- Collect data, review and ensure quality as related to QI activities and submit them to the central monitoring and evaluation advisor
- Candidates should possess an MBBS/MD, Nursing or Midwifery degree plus a Master’s degree in Public Health, Nursing or a related field or an advanced post graduate degree in a related field is essential;
- At least eight (8) years relevant experience in one or more of technical areas: Family planning, maternal health, newborn health, child health, nutrition and malaria;
- Experience in integrated PHC service delivery at health facilities and community;
- Experience implementing programmes at the primary health care level is an advantage;
- Familiarity with performance indicators in at least 2 technical areas
- Familiarity with applying quality improvement methodologies to improve quality of primary services, including identifying and overcoming critical gaps and monitoring performance indicators to guide continuous improvement
- Familiarity with Nigerian public and private sector health systems at the state, LGHA and community levels is highly desirable;
- Knowledge of local culture and a deep understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding the delivery of RMNCH +NM services;
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication. Ability to speak Hausa;
- Demonstrated experience managing stakeholders and building capacity at sub-national levels;
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency delivering relevant IRMNCH +NM training packages and supporting retention of health worker competencies (e.g. through mentoring, supervision);
- Ability to function/work independently as well as part of a team;
- Well-developed computer skills;
- Ability to travel within IHP focal state at least 50% time.
Monthly Gross Salary Range:
NGN875,000 – NGN991,000
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Nigerian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.