Position: Senior Programs Manager PRF-2303-01030-337 (Rapid Recruitment)
Job Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Reporting to: Country Director
Working area: Gaziantep, Turkey
Number of positions open: 1
Last date for application: April 13, 2023
Senior Operations Manager, Syria Field Manager, Regional Program and Business Development Manager, Headquarters Program Director, Advisory Department
General objective of the position:
As a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) in Türkiye, the Senior Programs Manager shares in the overall responsibility for the direction and coordination of the Türkiye Country Office (CO). The Senior Programs Manager in his/her capacity will be accountable to the Türkiye Country Director for overseeing the Program Department responsible for driving the country office strategic plan. S/He is responsible for ensuring strategic development of high quality, evidence based, high impact, innovative full spectrum programs.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Support the Country Director to lead the development of SAMS Türkiye office operational plans in accordance with SAMS overall operational plan.
- Review and ensure alignment of program priorities, strategies and plans to the overall SAMS strategy and operational plan
Program Planning, Management and Implementation:
- Ensure SAMS Türkiye office program activities are grounded, strongly inter linked, and in line with SAMS operational plan.
- Provide leadership to the program Team towards achieving the objectives of the Country operational plan.
- Provide leadership in the development of strategic plans and budgets for all projects in the country.
- In coordination with the Senior Health Advisor, ensure quality implementation of all projects of SAMS Türkiye Country Office.
- Together with the Senior Operations Manager, ensure responsibility for project expenditure, financial accountability and planning requirements, and provide a high level of support to these activities.
- Monitor and advise on program and project spending and variance report as per organizational process and procedures.
- Ensure close monitoring of the program works in the field to ensure alignment and contribution to country strategy, monitor flow of information and systemic documentation of quantitative and qualitative achievements in the field and lessons learned thereof.
- Ensure quality and timely submission of required program and Project Performance Reports as per desired standards and guidelines.
- Ensure compliance of approved program and Project plans.
- Promote evidence-based learning and the agenda of advancing alternatives.
- Ensure learning are documented by the program team in the most effective way.
- Ensure that SAMS’s staff inside Syria and warehouse staff are adhering to compliance regulations. Bring any concerns regarding violations of compliance to Regional and HQ program and business development team and to the director of Türkiye country office.
- Ensure and track grants spending on monthly basis from all donors
Representation, Donor relations and partnerships management:
- Develop and maintain close relationships with donors and counterparts.
- Lead on development of program ideas into quality grant proposals.
- Collaborate with the Regional and HQ program and business development team to respond to potential funding opportunities in the country and secure project funding.
- Lead the development of cohesive, focused and effective program proposals.
- Lead the development of all grant reports, narrative and financial.
- Liaise and develop networks with government, non-government, partners and donors promoting an understanding of SAMS’ work.
- Represents SAMS in all relevant fora, events and workshops in relation to the position duties.
- Ensure effective partnerships at all levels as per standard procedures and guidelines of the organization.
- Lead the program department sections (projects, Grants and Partnerships and MEAL) and ensure direct reports have job descriptions and are aware of their responsibilities.
- Promote an open, diverse and participatory work environment.
- Provide direction, guidance, assistance and support to Managers as appropriate to carry out their responsibilities, and ensure they receive adequate professional guidance and development opportunities.
- Ensure annual performance appraisals for all staff are conducted as required by SAMS program dept. team.
- Develop professional development plans for direct reports.
- Delegate appropriately.
- Build an effective team approach ensuring direct reports are working together effectively.
- Hold weekly team meetings with direct reports for planning purposes, information sharing and problem solving.
- Promote and model a positive, professional, and respectful office culture.
THE CANDIDATE’S REQUIREMENTS
Mandatory Qualifications required
- University degree in business management and Administration or any related field. A medical sciences degree is desirable.
- Minimum 5 year experience in business management and administration, especially in medical and health sector.
- Fluent written and spoken in Arabic and English
- Grants / Partnerships Cycle Management
- Report Writing
- Remote Management Tools
- Finance and Legal Issues
- Project Management
- Budget Management
- Partnership Management
- Accountability Principles
- M&E Systems
- Data Analysis
- Risk Management
How to apply
The salary will be defined regarding the SAMS Turkey Office salary scale on-going.
This recruitment process is rapid recruitment: Note. Due to the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. Applications will be assessed as per received and vacancy might be closed before the end of the announcement as per qualifications availability.