APIN Public Health Initiatives Limited/Gte, formerly known as AIDS Prevention Initiative in Nigeria is a non-governmental organization registered with the Nigerian Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). APIN has built a strong partnership with the Nigerian Government, which is memorialized through a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the National Planning Commission. APIN is a leading Nigerian organization in the provision of prevention, care and treatment services to patients with HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis; Malaria; Reproductive Health; Family Planning; Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, and other non-communicable diseases of public health significance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Advisor, Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E)
Job ID: api-60904
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Department: Strategic Information
- The job holder will lead the Strategic Information (SI) Team in the state and will oversee program monitoring and evaluation (M&E), and quality assurance (QA) systems
- Support the setting up of M&E and QA systems at new program sites in the state.
- S/He will provide technical assistance to program sites in the collection, analysis, reporting and use of output data for program improvement.
- As the State Team Lead, s/he will share program output data with the state team and the State Government and monitor the progress of the program towards achieving targets in the State.
- Serve as technical lead in the SI directorate for the state office (State SI Lead)
- Provide technical leadership in the implementation of high-quality monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Undertake periodic reviews of APIN M&E system, with a bid to ensure it is strengthened and aligned to support GoN M&E systems
- Lead in the development and implementation of M&E systems for data quality assurance.
- Work in collaboration with the Senior Technical Advisor to conduct analysis of data collected for assessment of progress and areas of improvement.
- Undertake periodic coordination of APIN program performance analysis for program measurement and interventions.
- Guide reporting processes amongst technical staff and consolidate program reports, promote learning and knowledge sharing of best practices and lessons learnt
- Analyze data sets and technical assessment findings; and develop and monitor work plans
- Work closely with the program team to ensure compatibility and coordination within the M&E framework, and consistency with national and donor requirements
- Oversees compilation and reporting of weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting to both APIN aCARES program management and CDC program leads.
- Reviews and/or writes M&E plans, papers and reports and ensures their accuracy and appropriateness.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must possess a Medical or Pharmacy Degree (MBBS or B.Pharm) or a Health-related Degree and a minimum of 12 years’ relevant experience supporting the implementation of M&E systems, and planning and executing program evaluation. An MPH degree will be an advantage.
- Must possess the ability to analyze and interpret both quantitative and qualitative data to inform programming.
- Must have knowledge of SPSS or STATA or knowledge of DHIS, MS-Access or other compatible database software will be of added advantage.
- Must have experience conducting monitoring visits, utilizing checklists and other tools, including the ability to develop M&E tools as needed.
Application Closing Date
17th March, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online