MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
Overall objective of SAFEMed Technical Advisor position is to improve access to medicines and other technologies guided by evidence-based medicine and health technology assessment, under guidance and oversight of SAFEMed Principal Technical Advisor.
LOCATION: Kyiv, Ukraine
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Technical analysis
· Conduct grey and peer literature review to support strengthening and further institutionalization of the Health Technology Assessment (HTA) function and medicine pricing policy in Ukraine;
· Collect data related to SAFEMed’s HTA activities, medicine pricing activities and National Essential Medicine List expansion besides positive list creation;
· Provide and analyze data related to the medicine pricing policy, and its expansion;
· Support policy creation with respect to medicines listing and pricing approaches
· Contribute to surveys and/or face-to-face interviews with key stakeholders;
· Conduct and document analytical work;
2. Project Management and stakeholder engagement
· Coordinate implementation of annual workplan activities and deliverables according to approved plans including working with other SAFEMed teams in designing, planning and executing activities.
· Organizing meetings with key stakeholders from the government, private sector and civil society in Ukraine to advance SAFEMed priorities.
· Coordinate and contribute to international and national HTA and/or reimbursement discussions and work organized or supported by SAFEMed, MOH, HTA department and/or NHSU;
· Summarize and document key findings as well as draw conclusions and recommendations from meetings and other professional discussions;
3. Technical reporting
· Consolidate learnings into final English-language reports under guidance and oversight of the SAFEMed Principal Technical Advisor.
· Regularly prepare periodic project highlights, quarterly and annual narrative reports, success stories, and technical briefs, slide decks, and other materials.
· Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION:
- University degree in medicine, public health or life sciences, pharmaceutical sciences, (health) economics;
- preferably with a postgraduate degree or candidate for a degree in Epidemiology, Pharmacology, Health Technology Assessment, Health Economics, public health or (bio) statistics.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
- At least 5 years of work experience in healthcare service delivery and life sciences, with familiarity of pharmaceutical policies in Ukraine;
- Report writing experience in English and Ukrainian;
- Presentation, training, and workshop facilitation;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to work effectively with others in and across the organization to accomplish team goals;
- Documented experience in pharmaceutical sector strengthening in Ukraine with emphasis on quality assurance, market access, and pricing;
- Health Technology Assessment knowledge and practical application in Ukraine desirable.
- Skills in conducting quantitative analyses with SPSS (or similar statistical software) and programming with Excel as well as experience in conducting interviews and analyzing qualitatively.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to analyze data, draw conclusions and summarize recommendations;
- Deep understanding of the Ukraine pharmaceutical sector and its major players, including government and non-government actors.
- Ability to search peer-review literature;
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills including presentations, meetings and report writing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with others in and across the organization to accomplish team goals
- Fluency in both English and Ukrainian languages required (both written and spoken).
- Functional competencies: Ability to gather and analyse information; Self-motivated and well organized with a strong ability to set priorities and meet deadlines. Understanding of ethical conflicts of interest aspects of work.
- Ensuring delivery of results: functional/technical skills, client focus, information sharing, process management, priority setting, problem solving and timely decision making
- Core personal competencies: ethics and values, integrity and trust, listening, written communication
- Core MSH competencies: adaptability, communication, problem solving, creativity and innovation, timeliness of work, quality of work and team relationships, resource utilization
MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements. MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status. In compliance with U.S. Department of Labor Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act, MSH has developed and maintains an affirmative action program and plan.