Created in 1979, Action contre la Faim is an international non-governmental organization that fights hunger in the world. Its charter of humanitarian principles – independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, transparency – has been the basis of its identity for over 40 years. Its mission is to save lives by ending hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of undernutrition, especially during and after emergencies related to conflicts and natural disasters. Action Against Hunger coordinates its programs around 5 areas of activity: Nutrition and Health – Mental Health, Psychosocial Support and Protection – Food Security and Livelihoods – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Advocacy. In 2021,www.actioncontrelafaim.org
The recent development in Ukraine have led over 5.7 million refugees to flee over the borders from Ukraine and a further 7.7 million have been displaced within Ukraine. The estimated 13 million people that are stranded in Ukraine face shortages of basic needs such as water, food and medicine.
3,143,550 refugees have crossed the Polish border, 453,848 refugees have crossed the Moldavian border and 856,941 refugees the Romanian border.
This situation has led ACF France to open three missions in Ukraine, Poland and Romania and ACF Spain in Moldova.
In Poland, in Warsaw and Rzeszow MHPSS activities are ongoing with local partners. The main MHPSS activities take place in welcoming centers and train stations. In the same centers, 223 beneficiaries already received cash assistance. ACF is now looking for a way to access Ukrainian refugee community staying in host families.
VOTRE POSTE ET VOS RESPONSABILITÉS
The MHPSS Program Manager is in charge of implementing and monitoring the assigned MHPSS, Protection and Care Practices project(s), following ACF’s strategy and standards, international standards and national policies
The specific missions are :
– To contribute to the analysis of the humanitarian context, to the intervention strategy and to the positioning of the MHPSS & Protection department.
– To ensure the implementation, monitoring and reporting of the MHPSS & Protection project.
– To build capacities and manage the team.
– To contribute to the quality and accountability processes, to the evaluation of project’s impact and to project’s capitalization.
– To act as focal point and contribute to gender and protection mainstreaming, and specific SGBV and child protection activities development at base level
– To participate in external representation and coordination with ACF’s partners in the area.
– Master’s degree in clinical psychology; or in psychology; or in psychiatry
– At least 2 years of professional experience and 1 year of humanitarian field experience with an (I)NGO
– At least 1 year in a managerial role
– Experience working in different context and settings (urban areas, rural areas, in volatile security context, in development and emergency settings …)
YOUR CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
– 9 months fixed term contract under French or Polish legislation
– Remuneration package and competitive benefits according to ACF policies.
ACF is committed to people with disabilities and actively fights against all forms of discrimination.