Anesthetist Nurse In Nigeria
Who is a Anesthetist Nurse
Nurse anesthetist is an advanced practice registered nurse that are well trained in an accredited school of post basic nursing in a university to administer and regulate anesthesia to a patient during surgery or other medical procedures, nurse anesthetist work in a team of health professionals in a theater and independently.
What Does Nurse Anesthetist Do
- The fundamental purpose of nurse anesthetist is to provide pain management and regulate anesthesia during surgical procedures in hospital setting.
- They take care of a patient before, during, and after administration of anesthesia during surgical procedures.
- Also anesthetist nurse determines the appropriate anesthetic agent to be administer, at the right time and correct doses.
- Anesthetist nurse continues to monitor the patient closely during the procedure of vital signs, and observation of the patient condition.
We have found this posts for you
How to Become Nurse Anesthetist In Nigeria
In Nigeria to become an anesthetic nurse you have to be a registered nurse who is licensed to practice as a nurse by Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria, and have an ordinary level certificate (SSCE) Certificate, with credits in: English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
Steps to become anesthetist Nurse
For admission into Nurse Anaesthetist Educational Programme, the candidate must:
- Be a registered nurse with the NMCN and must have at least three years post registration experience.(A post basic qualification is an advantage)
- Possess a minimum of five credits in physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, English language at the west African School Certificate level or its equivalent in not more than two sitting.
- Individual must Be a self sponsored or fully sponsored by a private, government or a voluntary agency.
- Purchase and fill the application form of the program
- Pass a pre-admission examination and interview.
- The Nurse Anaesthetist training programme is of 18 months duration.
- Must pass Final examination with Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria
Top ten Universities to Study Anesthetist Nurse in Nigeria
Lagos State University
University of Port Harcourt
University of Ilorin
University of Nigeria
University of Jos
University of Lagos
Olabisi Onabanjo University
Amadu Bello University
University of Benin
School of Anaesthetic Studies, Badagry