Médecins Sans Frontières, an international humanitarian medical association created in 1971, provides medical assistance to populations struggling with crises threatening their survival, mainly in the event of armed conflict, but also epidemics, natural disasters or exclusion from care.
The French section of MSF is present in around thirty countries.
We are looking for a: Application Systems Manager for our Information Systems Department
Within the DSI, you define, implement and guarantee the maintenance in operational condition of the applications for which you are responsible, mainly in connection with the Supply, Logistics and Medical Departments.
Under the hierarchical responsibility of the Manager of the Application Heritage and Digital Expertise Department, you define and implement, in collaboration with the business referents in your area, the environment of use, support and corrective and evolutionary maintenance projects for applications. .
Main activities :
- Collect business needs, analyze feasibility and impact, and qualify the actions to be implemented:
- Understand the functional expectations and the degree of satisfaction with the IS (Information System),
- Qualify the need and define the actions to be implemented (maintenance / project),
- Identify technical and organizational constraints,
- Support the business referents in the description of functional needs, in the design of their processes and in the drafting of specifications (functional and technical).
- Implement and support corrective or evolutionary maintenance projects, for the needs validated by the business departments:
- Evaluate the means to be implemented (human, technical, financial, etc.)
- Define the deliverables, the load plan and the deadlines,
- Supervise and coordinate the work of all maintenance project stakeholders, lead internal and/or external teams,
- Develop technical documents describing the products and services (technical architecture document, operating document, support model, etc.),
- Guarantee the deliverables, in terms of quality, budget, deadlines and safety,
- Map existing risks, propose action plans to be implemented.
- Define, coordinate and provide support for the applications for which he is responsible:
- Define and/or update, in collaboration with the business lines, technical and functional support (level 1,2 and 3),
- Respond to user requests and problems for the levels for which he is responsible,
- Ensure that the technical and functional documentation is available and up to date,
- Ensure that backups are made and secure.
- Ensure the implementation and consistency of service contracts with suppliers:
- Negotiate and manage service provider contracts,
- Define, validate and enforce service level agreements (SLAs),
- Define and follow the budget for the applications under his responsibility.
- Contribute to business projects under the lead of the Project Pole.
- Ensure a technological watch in order to detect new technical and functional possibilities offered by the market, opportunities, strengths and weaknesses.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar position,
- MSF or non-profit experience is a plus.
Languages: French (level C1) and English (level B2).
- Good knowledge of the Supply, Logistics and Medical professions,
- Mastery of IT support processes,
- Mastery of IS project management,
- Knowledge of business process mapping,
- Desired knowledge of one or more software in the fields of Supply, Logistics or Medical (Altair, EBP, Unifield, Isystock, eCARE, etc.)
- Knowledge of databases and BI tools (PowerBi),
Listening, cooperation, sense of customer service, and responsibilities; Qualities of analysis, diagnosis, synthesis and responsiveness to problems; Ability to understand business processes, needs, and translate them into technical specifications; Organization, rigor, autonomy.
Status: Executive position on a full-time 12-month fixed-term contract, CDI possible thereafter. Position based in Paris, metro Jaurès.
€48.5K gross per year over 13 months, 22 RTT days per year. Complementary health care 100% covered by Médecins Sans Frontières. Restaurant vouchers with a face value of €11 (60% covered by Médecins Sans Frontières). Support for 50% of the public transport ticket.
Position to be filled : As soon as possible
How to apply
Please send your application (cover letter and CV)
until 06/04/2023 inclusive at
Only candidates whose files have been selected will be contacted.