Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is an indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting a broad range of global health interventions education and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi is an allied organization to Family Health International (FHI360) with co-existing and mutually supportive interest in advancing the collective goals of the people and communities served. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
To strengthen our operations and interventions in the country, we are recruiting qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Technical Officer
Job Category: Fixed Term
Slot: 10 Openings
- Will provide technical and programmatic support as well as implement high-quality care and support activities with primary focus on coordination of supported sites.
- Assist in the coordination, implementation of all components related to clinical management of HIV/AIDS. Contribute to the development of program work plans.
- Provide technical and programmatic support for high-quality program implementation in the areas of ART, PMTCT, HIV/TB and HIV clinical care services in line with national guidelines and international best practices, and work towards target achievement by supported sites and program sustainability.
- Promote stakeholder engagement by working with various levels of government, their relevant bodies/agencies, and other partners.
- Monitor and report of the interventions implemented by GF and its Partners in the assigned state location and drive continuous improvement in all aspects of the HIV programming.
Minimum Recruitment Standard
- A medical degree (MBBS), B. Pharm, B.Sc. Public Health, B.Sc. Nursing or B.Sc. in Social Sciences; with 3 to 5 post NYSC experience.
- Possession of an MPH or post graduate degree in a related field is an added advantage.
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in HIV prevention, treatment, and care programs.
- Good knowledge of management of infectious diseases, especially HIV/AIDS and TB
- Good working knowledge of current National and WHO HIV/AIDS guidelines for prevention, treatment, care & support of adults and children.
- Skills in M&E and relevant Platforms, LAMIS, NDR, Power BI, DHIS are needed where applicable.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs is highly desirable.
Application Closing Date
10th March, 2023
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Suitability statement (Application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- AHNi does not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview