Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is an indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting a broad range of global health interventions education and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi is an allied organization to Family Health International (FHI360) with co-existing and mutually supportive interest in advancing the collective goals of the people and communities served. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
To strengthen our operations and interventions in the country, we are recruiting qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Technical Officer – Clinical Services
Job Category: Fixed Term
- Will provide technical leadership and technical support related to clinical management of HIV/AIDS and Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) to Key populations (MSM, FSW, PWID & Transgender).
- Provide ART services to Key Populations in line with current World Health Organization (WHO) recommendations and national guidelines both at the OSS and through mobile ART sites.
- Oversee clinical HIV treatment protocols in each clinical department to reflect the needs of the Keys populations and ensure consistency of treatment services throughout the OSS.
- Ensure seamless delivery of service for clients from intake through discharge at the OSS.
- Effectively manage and supervise other health service providers, volunteers and case managers at the OSS as well as mobile ART teams.
- Advise project team on national and state policies, procedures and licensing requirements and ensure compliance with all requirements and/or mandatory inspections.
- Provide support to the Strategic Information (SI) unit to manage data collection for service delivery to Key Populations in project communities using nationally approved tools.
Minimum Recruitment Standard
- MB.BS or similar Degree with 5 to 7 years post NYSC with at least 3 years of progressive experience providing services to PLHIVs in Nigeria.
- Possession of an MPH or post graduate degree in a related field is an added advantage.
- Proven experience working with KP and facilitating technical trainings.
- Excellent ability to communicate and maintain diplomatic and productive relations with the team; resourcefulness, flexibility, and ability to work in a fast changing and challenging environment.
Application Closing Date
10th March, 2023
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Suitability statement (Application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- AHNi does not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview