Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is an indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting a broad range of global health interventions education and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi is an allied organization to Family Health International (FHI360) with co-existing and mutually supportive interest in advancing the collective goals of the people and communities served. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
To strengthen our operations and interventions in the country, we are recruiting qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer – HIV Self Testing & Prevention Services
Job Category: Fixed Term
- Will provide technical and programmatic oversight to the HIVST component of the NAHI grant.
- This will include coordinating and driving the implementation and monitoring of activities targeted at HIVST across implementing States.
- Under the supervision of the Senior Technical Officer, he/she will collaborate with other stakeholders on HIVST to ensure leveraging of resources to achieve overall goal, represent the organization in National HIVST subcommittee meeting, ensuring target achievement and meeting donors expectations.
- Provide day to day guidance to implementing states on appropriate technical and programmatic approaches for HIVST service provision and work closely with Monitoring and Evaluation staff to define data needs related to Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for HIVST and prevention programming.
Minimum Recruitment Standard
- MB.BS / MD / PHD / B.Pharm / B.Sc in Nursing or similar degree with 1 to 3 years relevant experience in HIV/AIDS services especially as it relates to Prevention Services (HTS, HIVST, PrEP, PEP, etc) in resource constrained settings.
- Or MPH or MS/MA in relevant degree with 3 to 5 years relevant experience in HIV/AIDS programming with sound understanding in provision of HIV prevention and treatment services in resource constrained settings.
- Possession of an MPH or post graduate degree in a related field will be an added advantage.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Application Closing Date
10th March, 2023
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Suitability statement (Application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- AHNi does not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview