**THE ALIMA SPIRIT:** ALIMA’s raison d’être is to save lives and care for the most vulnerable populations, without any identity, religious or political discrimination, through actions based on proximity, innovation and the alliance of organizations and individuals. We act with humanism, impartiality and respect for universal medical ethics . To gain access to patients, we are committed to acting in a neutral and independent manner.
**TREAT – INNOVATE – TOGETHER:**Since its creation in 2009, ALIMA has treated more than 10 million patients, and today deploys its operations in 12 African countries. In 2022, we have developed more than 60 humanitarian medical response projects to meet the needs of populations affected by conflict, epidemics and extreme poverty. All of these projects are carried out in support of the national health authorities through nearly 511 health structures (including 47 hospitals and 464 health centres). We work in partnership, in particular with local NGOs, whenever possible in order to improve access and the transfer of skills which ensures the sustainability of our actions for our patients. In addition, to improve the humanitarian response, we conduct operational and clinical research projects,
THE ALIMA TEAM:More than 2,000 people are currently working for ALIMA. The field teams, closest to the patients, receive their support from the coordination teams generally based in the capitals of the countries of intervention. These receive support from the 4 desk teams and the emergency and opening service team based at the operational headquarters in Dakar, Senegal. The Paris and New York teams are actively working on fundraising as well as representing ALIMA. The rest of the ALIMA Galaxy includes individuals and partner teams who work on behalf of other organizations such as medical NGOs BEFEN, ALERTE Santé, SOS Médecins, KEOOGO, AMCP-SP, DEMTOU-Humanitaire, research organizations PAC -CI, Inserm, the Universities of Bordeaux or Copenhagen and many others.
**OUR COUNTRIES OF INTERVENTION:**Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Guinea, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, Sudan, Chad, Ukraine.
**OUR PROJECT THEMES:** Malnutrition, Maternal Health, Primary Health, Pediatrics, Malaria, Epidemics (Ebola, Cholera, Measles, Coronavirus, Lassa Fever), Research, Hospitalization, Emergencies, Gender-Based Violence, vaccinations, health mental…
PROTECTION OF BENEFICIARIES AND MEMBERS OF THE COMMUNITY
Level 3: As part of his or her duties, the incumbent will be responsible for applying the recruitment process and may be required to make field visits. He/She may therefore be in contact with vulnerable children and/or adults. Therefore, a criminal record check or presentation of a certificate of good character will be required. In situations where it is not possible to provide a criminal record or a certificate of good morals and morals, a sworn statement will be requested.
FUNCTIONAL AND HIERARCHICAL LINKS
Under the responsibility of the Director of Operations, you supervise a team of people: financial management manager, an HR referent, a logistics manager, a medical manager and a donor referent. You supervise and support the Country Representatives and ALIMA Heads of Mission in the countries under your supervision. You work in close collaboration with the heads of local partner NGOs in the countries you follow and ALIMA’s partners in general. You collaborate with other operational teams and support departments.
The position is based in Dakar, Senegal, with 30% field travel, the countries followed by desk 1 are: Chad, Cameroon, Niger and DRC
MISSION & MAIN ACTIVITIES
You are a member of the management team in charge of operations support, you report to the Director of Operations and your primary role is to ensure that all ALIMA projects in the countries you follow benefit from a clear and operational strategy. development and the proper operationalization of this strategy.
Your responsibilities revolve around eight main areas:
- Guarantee strategies on the missions that are under his responsibility; the PR is directly responsible for the operational aspect of each of these strategies
- Ensure effective security management on the missions under his responsibility; in the event of a security problem, he is the focal point at headquarters
- Provide support to the field for the implementation of projects
- Support partnerships in the countries of intervention (with local, international NGOs, MOH, etc.) in order to achieve operational objectives
- Actively participate in the reflection on the role of ALIMA and the operational and strategic orientations of the organization
- Manage HR aspects related to team management and recruitment
- Ensure overall financial visibility on its operations and the financial contribution to the functioning of ALIMA
- Implement preventive measures against abuse of power, gender-based and sexual violence
EXPERIENCES & SKILLS
You have a successful track record in setting up humanitarian medical operations. Your knowledge of the emergency humanitarian aid environment, donor strategies and health policies gives you the means to develop relevant operational strategies in different contexts. You have proven experience in security management and can support heads of mission in risk analysis and prevention.
You are able to manage a heavy workload and set priorities for yourself and your team members, you know how to leverage the strengths and resources of the organization while promoting collaboration.
You enjoy participating in high-level negotiations, demonstrating diplomacy and are able to analyze and synthesize a large amount of information in a short time.
You are fluent in French and English both orally and in writing).
Duration and type of contract : CDI under Senegalese law
Starting date : June 2023
- Level 11A of the internal Salary grid
- A gross monthly salary of 2,617,000 FCFA
- A travel allowance of 817,000 FCFA
- A housing allowance varying between 2 and 5% of gross monthly salary depending on family composition for employees recruited internationally.
Other advantages :
- Complementary health cover for the employee and his dependents
- Moving costs in Dakar according to the policy in force
- Contribution to tuition fees (children from 2 to 18 years old) / crèche (0 to 2 years old) according to the policy and the ceilings in force.
- An annual return family ticket to the usual place of residence for you and each of your dependents
- A second individual annual return ticket for the return to the country of usual residence
- Telecommuting policy
- 6.5 weeks of paid vacation per year, recuperation days based on time in the field
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter online
Applications are processed in the order in which they are received. ALIMA reserves the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if an application is accepted. Only complete applications (CV in PDF format + Letter of Motivation) will be considered.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged.