With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
- Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
- With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
- Present in 24 countries, on 5 continents
- Thanks to the work and commitment of :
- More than 2500 national staffs
- Around 225 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
- And 120 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the basic needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Fixed-term contract – 6 Months
Starting date : ASAP
Localisation: SDN-El Geneina
PUI all around the world
Focus on our activities in SUDAN
Our mission in SUDAN has been open since 2020. PUI develops its integrated approach with health and nutrition. Furthermore, PUI works on launching health and nutrition activities in support to existing health facilities in the surroundings of refugee camps, supporting local communities, refugees and asylum seekers
What about the Health Project Manager – El Geneina ?
As Health Project Manager, you will be responsible for the implementation and supervision of all Health activities in the project, and manage PUI’s human and financial resources dedicated to the Health activities.
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
Programs: You will ensure qualitative implementation and monitoring of health program(s) falling under your responsibility, while respecting PUI’s health policy and intervention framework, and applying the key principles of protection mainstreaming.
Human Resources: You will supervise the Health Team (PUI salaried employees and, as the case may be, daily paid workers).
Logistics and Administration: You will ensure compliance of activities falling under your responsibility with logistical and administrative procedures.
Representation: You will represent the association before partners, authorities and local actors involved in the implementation of health programs.
Safety: You will contribute to efforts aimed at ensuring compliance with safety rules at the site, and transmit all information relating to safety concerns to his/her immediate supervisor.
Strategy: You will contribute to the development of new interventions on the basis of identified needs.
The challenges that await you :
1°/ Recruitment of the whole Health team 2°/ Launch of Health Programming in West-Darfur and scaling up of activities 3°/ All of that in a context of volatile security situation
What you will need to succeed
- Training: You hold a higher Health degree (medical doctor, nurse, pharmacist, midwife, public health professional).
- Experience: You are strengthened by minimum 2 years of experience as a health professional, with a previous work experience in NGOs and abroad. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
- Skills: You master project management, you have good writing skills and knowledge of institutional donors’ procedures (OFDA, ECHO, AAP, UN agencies…).
- Qualities: You are able to work independently while taking initiatives and showing a sense of responsibility. You have good analytical, organisational, brainstorming and management skills. You demonstrate diplomacy, open-mindedness and a good withstand pressure.
- Languages: English has no secrets for you! All the better, it is mandatory for this position. If you speak Arabic, it would be a definite asset.
A word from the manager
« You will be part of a professional, dynamic and committed Team, providing critical, life-saving health and nutrition services to people affected by repetitive displacement and conflict. If you are passionate about humanitarian work, have experience in health and nutrition responses, are a good team player, flexible and have a positive attitude, we want to hear from you! »
PUI will offer you
- Status : Employé(e) with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 2 190,00 – 2 420,00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accomodation
- Daily Living Expenses (“Per Diem”)
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses among its Human Resources as a major asset for its humanitarian action, and therefore compels itself to the strict observance of the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and respect the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in any case request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You feel ready to take up the challenge and to join PUI great family ?