Position: Chief of Party PRF-2305-01006-348
Job Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Reporting to: Country Director
Working area: Gaziantep, Turkey
Number of positions open: 1
Last date for application: June 13, 2023
About the Consortium
After the devastating earthquake which hit Southern Turkiye and Northern Syria, the Syrian American Medical Society Foundation (SAMS), The Syrian Forum (SF), and The White Helmets (WH) announced the establishment of operational consortium amongst the three organizations, aims to coordinate the efforts in order to contribute to the improvement of the living status for the people who live Northwest Syria, through the provision of the ultimate complemented services package as per the specialty of each of the mentioned organizations.
That includes the implementation of the emergency and early recovery humanitarian program(s) to the affected area, and contribute to the rehabilitation of the vital facilities which provide the essential services to the community, i.e. Healthcare, Education and basic livelihood services.
The consortium’s Steering Committee consists of 2 senior representatives from each organization, in addition to a Chief of Party hired by the host organization, i.e. SAMS Foundation
Senior Operations Manager, Senior Program Manager, Program/Project Managers and the consortium members
General objective of the position:
Chief of Party (CoP) will have overall responsibility for coordination of all project activities and staff. S/he will be responsible for technical leadership and administrative oversight of the program(s) and will serve as the principal institutional liaison to the donor and local government entities. The CoP/PD shall have a keen understanding of the unique political dynamics and work carefully and collaboratively to support the various entities in Syria.
S/he will manage a team of senior staff, sub-recipients, and engagement with stakeholders and ensure quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all products and activities generated under the grant. The CoP will have direct supervisory management and administration (e.g. timesheet sign-off, performance evaluation, etc.) to those within the CMU which is hosted by SAMS (DCOP, Program Manager, MEAL Manager and secretary). The CoP is expected to have strong leadership qualities and depth and breadth of technical and management expertise. S/he also provides strategic leadership and collaboration with the consortium members while ensuring the security, feasibility, and sustainability of the program outcomes
Main tasks and responsibilities:
Representation, Partnerships management and Communication:
- Manage proactive and responsive relationship with grant donor in close collaboration with SAMS office staff.
- Participate and document the Steering Board meetings and follow up the action points from those meetings.
- Liaise with local government officials, local communities, donor representatives and other stakeholders as appropriate.
- Participate, lead NGO – donor forum to represent the consortium, and seek cooperation for joint advocacy opportunities.
- Serve as primary liaison to donors, local and national governmental authorities, local NGOs, community organizations.
- Establish clear and frequent communication regarding program progress and oversight management with the donor.
- Collaborate with the relevant teams of consortium’s members to implement the planned outcomes, outputs, and activities to achieve the objectives of the programs.
Program Planning, Management and Implementation:
- Direct and oversee grant implementation, ensuring that all strategic objectives are met through proper design, staffing, implementation and quality assurance.
- Oversee effective project reporting, evaluation, and communication systems. Submit timely accurate and professional reports that meet donor requirements.
- Ensure management of budget within approved spending levels and ensure accurate and timely financial reports to the consortium steering board and SAMS office.
- Escalate grant management issues early and openly; resolve grant management issues quickly and fully.
- Continuous search of new ideas of interventions of the consortium to develop and implement new programs and project in future.
- Research new funding opportunities and develop proposals, if second phase of the grant, cost extension is planned or expanding the pilot program phase through any funding source.
Team Supervision and Capacity building:
- Supervise a team of senior level staff with skills across a diverse set of technical areas.
- Ensure proper technical capacity of staff to manage complex donor-funded projects.
Technical Development and Knowledge Sharing:
- Consistently look for more effective and efficient implementation methods and opportunities to increase impact.
- Participate and conduct ongoing lessons learned with key staff and partners/sub-grantees.
- Facilitate learning of best practices on program’s technical areas and other donor organizations.
Compliance and reporting:
- Ensure the compliance with relevant regulations and policies of donors, governments, and the consortium’s members.
- Develop and share regular program progress reports and narrative reports with the steering board.
THE CANDIDATE’S REQUIREMENTS
Mandatory Qualifications required:
- University degree in business management and Administration or any related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in program/portfolio management.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the Syrian Context
- Fluent written and spoken in Arabic and English
- Grants / Partnerships Cycle Management
- Report Writing
- Remote Management Tools
- Finance and Legal Issues
- Project Management
- Budget Management
- Partnership Management
- Accountability Principles
- M&E Systems
- Data Analysis
- Risk Management
How to apply
The salary will be defined regarding the SAMS Turkey Office salary scale on-going.
This recruitment process is rapid recruitment: Note. Due to the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. Applications will be assessed as per received and vacancy might be closed before the end of the announcement as per qualifications availability.