Afriglobal Medicare Limited is a state-of-the-art diagnostic center with special attention to patient care. We are amongst the top three integrated chain of diagnostic centers in Nigeria where patient care comes first. Our core services include Radiology, Pathology, and Cardiology testing. We also offer affordable wellness packages for every member of the society.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Pathologist
- The Chief Pathologist will work across the Afriglobal Medicare Limited, performing or supervising pathology services and building the capacity of the pathology team in areas of quality and refining process.
- The Chief Pathologist will be responsible for championing the definition of processes, policies, and procedures for the pathology operations and ensuring compliance to pathology protocols, QMS standards and Statutory requirements
- Ensuring a customer centric pathology unit is developed to meet the quality and timeliness requirements and provide a great experience to the guests.
- Assessing the needs of referral doctors and guests and establishing the required protocols, equipment, and staff skill sets.
- Reaching out to referral doctors on critical cases and work collaboratively for better patient care.
- Presenting about critical findings in CME’s and seminars to build brand AML as a thought leader in Pathology.
Chief Pathologist typically has a wide range of responsibilities, which includes:
- Managing the Laboratory departments to maintain timely and efficient sample flow aligned to the business plan of AML.
- Championing the definition of processes, policies, and procedures for the pathology operations
- Ensuring compliance to pathology protocols, QMS standards and Statutory requirements
- Ensure delivery of patient centric pathology services in line with established protocols and to contribute to overall patience experience.
- Continually reviewing and assessing the effectiveness and efficiency of the pathology services and identify improvement opportunities.
- Keeping abreast of local and global best practices, identify key learnings for the pathology operations and offer recommendations to the Ex-co
- Visiting all AML facilities periodically to ensure compliance to processes.
- Meeting with Guest and customer facing staff to discuss patient cases, concerns, or issues.
- Advising physicians on the best course of action when a patient’s condition or test results are unclear or ambiguous.
- Working closely with Exco team in preparing annual plans that are aligned to AML’s strategic plan.
- Prepare the department budget and monitor its implementation.
- Identifying, deploying, and motivating the pathology team including performance appraisal, identification of training needs, mentorship and coaching as well as leave and absence management in line with AML’s policy
- Setting, monitoring, and evaluating key performance indicators for the team in alignment to AML’s OKR’s
- Providing leadership in the development of Pathology departments and in co-ordination with Radiology to become a truly integrated service provider.
- Representing AML in seminars and CME’s
- Qualified FMC Pathology holder from a certified top line institution.
- Proven experience managing similar role/responsibilities.
- Extensive knowledge of clinical chemistry/ hematology pathology.
- Extensive Knowledge of Quality Assurance in Specialized Area.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Advance skills of MS Office, Internet, and computer.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Calm, detailed oriented and well-focused professional.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Note: Click on the link above and select “Chief Pathologist” to apply.