The Community Health Coordinator (CHW) Coordinator will oversee the Community Health Volunteer Program that will be implemented by Medical Teams International in response to the Venezuelan migration crisis in Colombia.
This position is responsible for the strong coordination of all engagement and project activities at the community level, and for working with the Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) Coordinator to ensure efficient linkages with the clinical services of the Medical Teams. International .
The Community Health Coordinator (CHW) also supports coordination efforts with other actors
- Oversee the Community Health Volunteers (CHV) program and all its activities in the communities, including administrative supervisors, CHV trainings, and coordination of referral activities to medical equipment projects.
- Implement community participation strategies with the target population that promote the achievement of goals in health promotion and integration of the migrant population and the host population according to the logical framework of the project
- Ensure that all logistical and financial needs of the CHV program are met and follow FOM guidelines, including proper management and accountability of equipment, payments, and supplies provided to CHVs.
- Maintain quality assurance and compliance with CHV protocols ensuring compliance with local and international Ministry of Health standards.
- Ensure that data collection meets program requirements and that all activities are properly documented.
- Ensure that CHVs are properly monitored and evaluated by supervisors and that program results and impact can be reported.
- Manage data extraction and analysis of data submitted by the CHV program.
- Ensure that CHV supervisors regularly compile technical and progress reports on CHV activities.
- Coordinate and supervise all data collection activities at the community level, including enumerator management.
- Prepare and submit high quality reports to the Program Manager.
- Assess, design and implement appropriate training to equip and strengthen CHV staff knowledge and skills, including proper security management (ensuring CHVs adhere to security guidelines on site and when traveling to CHW locations).
- Ensure the protection of program participants and employees by promoting an environment of awareness and compliance with the provisions of the code of conduct of policies for the protection of medical teams against sexual exploitation and abuse, protection of children and vulnerable adults and workplace policies free of harassment.
- Promote the vocation and values of MTI.
- Contribute to the budget development of the CHV program
- Support to CHV supervisors to observe FOM regulations and procedures
- Participate in committees and external representation as required
- Represent MTI at meetings or groups as needed
- Other according to program demand
How to apply
Those interested who meet the requirements described in this job description, can make their application (CV AND Cover letter essential) via email using the following address, [email protected] before the end of May 8, 2023 , it is essential to indicate in the subject the position to which you are applying and the source where you learned of the call.
Medical Teams does not discriminate in its selection processes, however, it is recommended that people with experience in the immigration process, as well as from different origins, apply for this position, if they have the corresponding legal documentation to work in our country, as well It is an essential added value that at least the candidate masters the Spanish language and an added value the English language.