Community Health Programmes Implementer
£45,110 a year
What people are saying
Fair pay, according to 80% of employee reviews
Shift and schedule
Monday to Friday
Hours: 40 hours per week, Mon-Fri
Salary: £45,109.60 per annum (£41,609.60 p.a. non-London weighting)
Full Job Description: Community Health Programmes Implementer
MEDECINS SANS FRONTIERES UK
Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders (MSF) provides life-saving emergency relief and longer-term medical care to some of the most vulnerable and excluded communities around the world. As an independent medical humanitarian organisation, we deliver care based only on need, regardless of ethnic origin, gender, religion or political affiliation.
MSF relies on donations from private individuals and organisations for the majority of its income. This private funding gives MSF the freedom to respond where needs are greatest and to speak out publicly, free from any political interference.
MSF has around 40,000 local and international staff working in over 70 countries, in some of the most challenging places in the world. Our medical humanitarian projects are supported by teams in 32 countries, including the UK, spread across Europe, North and South America, Asia, Africa and Australasia.
At MSF UK/IE, we support MSF’s operations by building relationships with our supporters, increasing awareness of our work, raising funds, providing specialist medical expertise, catalysing change on medical humanitarian issues, and recruiting field staff. MSF UK/IE personnel are dynamic, hard-working, enthusiastic and committed to MSF’s values and aims. In addition MSF continues to build upon its presence in Ireland to become a widely recognised, accepted and respected humanitarian organisation among Irish audiences, and within the Irish humanitarian and political sector
The Public Health Department (PHD) OCA supports our overall purpose, providing medical and public health leadership for the organisation. The department is responsible for providing strategic direction and integrated advice on medical and public health issues to the field and headquarters.
The Manson Unit (MU) is a multi-disciplinary medical team within MSF UK and is the London based part of the OCA PHD. We aim to improve the quality of MSF’s medical programmes worldwide, so the best possible care is delivered to our patients.
The Chronic and Infectious Disease team provide technical, strategic, programmatic, and clinical support to OCA field missions and headquarters, and contribute to the delivery of OCA’s long-term goals in the domain of Implementation of chronic diseases (HIV/TB/Hepatitis).
JOB PURPOSE: Community Health Programmes Implementer
Provide specific expert implementation support to deliver aims of the MSF Operational Centre Amsterdam’s (OCA) strategic plan, foster improvements, and scale up community-based patient-centered care including, malaria, pneumonia, diarrhoea, and other childhood diseases (including establishing referral pathways) for designated OCA field projects in order to progress community health related aims in missions.
Please download the job description and person specification below for full details of the role.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Nurse or medical doctor with demonstrable post graduate experience.
- Registered by a relevant professional body.
- Demonstrable malaria, infectious diseases and general clinical knowledge and experience.
- Experience in managing and implementation of malaria programmes.
- Knowledge of epidemiology and/or public health programmes in humanitarian settings.
- Proven experience of working independently under minimal supervision.
- Demonstrable experience of working and constructively participating in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams.
- Experience in teaching and coaching.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Demonstrable organisational and communication skills, including attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong ability to stick to deadlines and influence others to do the same.
- Networking and representation skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with senior operational management, national authorities, and other international organisations.
- Previous MSF or equivalent experience working in resource poor settings with a commitment to the aims and values of MSF.
- Computer literate with demonstrable ability and experience in MS Applications.
MSF UK/IE is dedicated to safeguarding everyone who comes into contact with the organisation, for whatever reason and however brief. All posts are subject to safer recruitment process which include robust reference requests, scrutiny of employment history and where applicable criminal record and barring checks.
Our safeguarding commitment is underpinned by policies and procedures which encourage and promote safe working practice across the organisation. On joining MSF UK/IE you will be required to attend safeguarding training to ensure responsibility for and maintaining safe working practice and to safeguard our teams, beneficiaries, and communities.
For positions where a criminal record check is identified as necessary, an application for a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificate will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.
MSF UK is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to diversity and creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applications from all sections of our diverse community.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified person can with INDEED BELOW.
Please apply on our website by submitting a copy of your CV together with a letter of motivation (please upload as one document) by the closing date.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Closing date for applications: 8 January 2023, 11.59pm (GMT)
- Interviews: TBC
- Projected start date: January 2023
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the process (as defined under the Equality Act 2010), please contact [email protected].
For questions, issues or further information, please contact [email protected].
Source: UK Indeed