Lily Hospitals Limited, established since 1986 remains one of the foremost hospitals in Nigeria and within the South-South region of the country. It is the first private hospital in Nigeria to achieve ISO 9001:2000 quality management system certification from the Standards Organization of Nigeria (SON). Also we are consistently committed to high standards; continuous improvement, service excellence, organizational citizenship, and outstanding work ethics.
At Lily hospitals, we are consistently committed to high standards; continuous improvement, service excellence, organizational citizenship, and outstanding work ethics. running residency training programs in family medicine and radiology. Lily Hospitals is also involved in housemanship training, internship training in Pharmacy and Radiology. We have multiple locations in Benin, Warri, Okuokoko etc.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant Ophthalmologist
Location: Warri, Delta
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Management Level
- This role is responsible for clinical, managerial, financial aspects and clinical governance of the department. The Head of the Ophthalmology Department provides clinical leadership for all eye care delivers specialized eye care and provides expert ophthal advice.
Key Result Areas (KRA)
The key result areas of this role are:
- Renewed glasses if necessary
- Listen and respond immediately with an appropriate level of concern to all customer issues.
- Educate and counsel patients on contact lens care, visual hygiene, lighting arrangements and safety factors
- Communicate with patients regarding surgeries, follow-up care, tests and carry out procedures.
- Coordinate the delivery of eyewear products to customers according to specified guidelines.
- Educate patients on how to use the various eye wears especially contact lenses.
- Advise patients on lens and frame selections.
- Ensuring of maintenance of the equipment
- Keeping stock of unit equipment and consumables
Education & Experience
- Minimum academic qualification of a Fellowship degree at either West African College of Surgeons or National Postgraduate medical college or relevant qualification.
- 5 to 7 years relevant work experience preferably in the Health sector.
- Membership of Nigeria Medical Association
- Member of ophthalmology society of Nigeria both local and national.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft office package.
- Outstanding communication (oral and written), interpersonal and people management skills.
- Possess high degree of accuracy and attention to details.
Application Closing Date
5th June, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using “Consultant Ophthalmologist” as the subject of the mail.