The Federal Polytechnic, Mubi is one of the seven (7) Federal Polytechnics established by Decree No.33 of 1979. The Polytechnic moved to Mubi in October, 1982, after about three years sojourn in Yola, the Adamawa State Capital following a Presidential directive. A Campus of the Polytechnic still sprawls on the rocky banks of the River Benue in Yola. InMubi, the Institution inherited the buildings of the defunct Federal School of Arts and Science.
The Polytechnic located along Barama axis of Mubi North Local Government was established to train middle and high level manpower for the Nigeria economy. The Institutions runs full-time programmes at both National Diploma and Higher National Diploma (ND & HND) levels, which are all accredited by the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE).
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of:
Job Title: Director, Medical Services
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
- The Director, Medical Services must be a person of high integrity who demonstrate transparency in public and private lives.
- He/She must be receptive to new ideas and willing to translate them into action in-line with the Vision and Mission of the Polytechnic.
- The Director, Medical Services is a Management Staff responsible to the Rector and heads the Polytechnic Clinic, coordinates, supervises and is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Clinic and ensures efficient service delivery.
Qualifications and Experience
Interested Candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- Interested candidates must possess the following qualifications: I) Good honours Degree of Medicine (MBBS), Bachelor of Surgery or equivalent qualifications from a recognized University and must have undergone a Residency programme.
- Possession of Masters or relevant higher qualification will be an added advantage.
- Candidates must be fully registered with Medical & Dental Council of Nigeria and present an updated yearly License with same.
- Minimum of 15 years cognate work experience in a Tertiary Institution.
- Must have attained advanced training leading to a Post-Graduate Fellowship of National or West African College in any specialization in Medicine or Surgery.
- A good knowledge of Computer applications / ICT packages.
- Enjoy physical and mental health with evidence from a Government Hospital.
Terms of Appointments
- Salary is CONTEDISS 15.
- Other terms and conditions of appointment are as provided by the Condition of Service of the Federal Polytechnics in Nigeria and as may be determined from time-to-time by the Federal Government of Nigeria or the Governing Council of the Polytechnic.
Application Closing Date
8th May, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications, Twenty (20) type-written copies of their claimed qualifications and a detailed Curriculum Vitae stating the following:
- Full Names (Surname first and other name(s).
- Date and Place of Birth.
- State of Origin and Local Govt. Area.
- Marital Status.
- Number and Ages of Children.
- Current Postal Address including Phone No(s) and E-mail address.
- Educational Institutions attended with dates.
- Academic & Professional Qualifications obtained with dates.
- Registration and Membership of professional bodies.
- Honour and distinctions (if any).
- Previous Employer(s) and posts held with date(s).
- Present employment to include status and any other relevant experience.
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees.
Applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope and marked “Application for the post of Director, Medical Services” at the top left-hand corner and addressed to:
Federal Polytechnic, Mubi,
P.M.B. 35, Mubi,
- Candidates are to request their Referees to forward confidential reports on them directly to the Registrar at the address above.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.