Direct and plan the Department of International Programs of Médicos del Mundo Spain, managing and supervising the actions of International Cooperation and Humanitarian Action, according to the lines of action and objectives defined in the Strategic Plan of the association.
Promote orientation towards social change in all actions carried out by the department with special attention to the rights approach, volunteer participation and impact measurement.
Geographical scope of intervention
State and International
Hierarchical and functional direct dependency of the General Coordination and permanent member of the Steering Committee.
– Design, control and supervise the strategies, budget and actions of the department to meet the strategic objectives of the Association.
– Participate, as a permanent member of the Management Committee, in the analysis and planning of the Organization, translating it into an adequate management of resources oriented to the fulfillment of its objectives.
– Participate, as a permanent member and secretary of the International Programs Committee, in the proposal of lines of action and in the analysis of new projects for their execution and in the other functions of the specialized Committees existing in the Organization
– Act as a point of reference for the members of the Board of Directors in their areas of competence and promote the active participation of the members of the association through working groups, in the design, monitoring and, where appropriate, execution of the Actions.
-Manage, supervise and ensure the development of the talent of their work teams to guarantee the strategic approach, technical quality, operational planning, as well as the technical and budgetary monitoring of projects and programs in execution.
– Maintain relationships with funding entities of the Association’s activity, ensuring proper monitoring of them
– Give follow-up and supervision to the audits and evaluations of projects, both those that are requested by the financiers, as well as those that internally Médicos del Mundo decides to execute.
– Promote the processes of reflection, analysis, impact on the themes of action of the association, in defense of the right to health and from the rights approach, promoting the transmission and visibility of experiences in the field and the use of participatory methodologies and inclusive in the analysis processes.
Ensure the correct implementation and monitoring of the Médicos del Mundo Security Policy. Manage critical incidents.
– Collaborate with the International Network of Doctors of the World, establishing the necessary synergies as well as representation functions before other entities
Academic: Higher graduate.
Management of non-profit entities, project management and international cooperation.
Training in Public Health and/or Health Management, Humanitarian Action, Emergencies, Security Management, Human Mobility, Sustainable Development, Social Change.
Training in Gender and Human Rights.
Languages: At least B2 level of English. Level B2 in French will be valued.
Computing: Regular user of Office, Internet and management technologies.
Experience of at least 5 years in similar positions.
Experience in coordination and development of management plans for departments and similar entities.
Team management experience.
Experience of at least 5 years of specific work in the countries in development projects and/or humanitarian emergencies.
Commitment to the Association
Thinking capacity and strategic planning
Orientation to results
Resolution of problems and conflicts
Salary tables of Doctors of the World.
Working hours: 40 hours/week.
Category B1 Director of Department SBA €56,073,