Don’t meet every single requirement? In our experience women, Black, People of Color and Indigenous people, amongst other social identities, are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At MSF-OCBA we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Médecins Sans Frontières is an international independent medical-humanitarian organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association.
Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
The MSF movement is built around six operational directorates. MSF OCBA is one of those directorates. The operations are implemented by field teams and the mission coordination teams; together with the organizational units based in Barcelona and decentralized in Nairobi, Dakar and Amman. The field operations are guided and supported by 5 Operational Cells, the Emergency Unit and other departments supporting operations.
CONTEXT AND GENERAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POST
The Emergency Response Training aims at targeting the main learning needs related to the core of MSF activities. The restrictions related to certain missions impose a virtual methodology for the implementation. The main objective of the position is to facilitate the virtual ERT. This position is hierarchically and functionally accountable to Operations Learning Manager (OLM).
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAIN TASKS
- Study the ERT materials in order to prepare the facilitation.
- Get coordinated with the other facilitators for the implementation of the training.
- Propose adjustments of the materials in order to improve them.
- Be the leading facilitator in certain modules, and one of the co-facilitators in the rest.
- Together with the other facilitators, compile the feedback in a report.
- Work on the revision of the materials, following the gathered feedback.
Education and experience
- At least 2 years as Emergency Medical Coordinator with MSF.
- Fluent Arabic and English.
- Academic degrees in humanitarian related topics are valued.
- Experience as facilitator in trainings is valued.
- Temporary post for 30 days. Dates between November and December 2023, concrete dates to be confirmed.
- Full-time job.
- Annual Gross salary: L4 IRP2 (divided in 12 monthly payments) + secondary benefits based on MSF OCBA Reward Policy.
- Working from home is possible, as training is virtual. Potential travel to Syria but not confirmed yet.
How to apply
- To apply, please, follow the link below and submit your CV and cover letter.
- Closing date September 24th at 23:59 CET (Central European Time).
MSF is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, race, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We are committed to achieving a balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. MSF provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. MSF does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo reference checks.
Médecins Sans Frontieres, as a responsible employer, under article 38 of “Ley de Integración Social del Minusválido de 1982 (LISMI)” invite those persons with a recognized disability and with an interest in the humanitarian area to apply for the above-mentioned position.