Médecins Sans Frontières, an international humanitarian medical association created in 1971, provides medical assistance to populations whose lives are threatened: mainly in the event of armed conflicts, but also epidemics, pandemics, natural disasters or even exclusion from care. The French section is present in around thirty countries.
We are looking for a Medical and Operations SI Project Manager for our Information Systems Department .
Within the IT Department, the IS Project Manager is responsible for carrying out all the operations necessary for the study, development and implementation of the IS projects entrusted to him. He ensures the consistency of his projects with all other current IS projects and collaborates with the other IS Project Managers and Project Managers in his department.
Under the hierarchical responsibility of the Head of the IS Projects Department, you will work within the scope of MSF’s Medical and Operations departments.
As part of their field intervention missions, their coordination and information consolidation activities, new needs require the implementation of IS solutions.
These needs are of different natures and can relate to subjects as varied as the ordering of pharmaceutical products, the planning of nurses, the use of biometric tools, access to medical information, etc.
All of these requests must be heard. As such, you will initially assume responsibility for carrying out opportunity and feasibility studies as well as leading the decision-making bodies that will validate and prioritize their implementation.
You will then ensure the management of all or part of the projects that will be launched: you will be responsible for the framing, monitoring of the implementation and deployment of all their components.
Depending on the activity and priorities within MSF, projects from other business departments could potentially be entrusted to you.
Main job activities:
Management of the portfolio of requests from the Medical and Operations departments:
- Assume responsibility for building and monitoring the portfolio of requests from the Medical and Operations departments
- Carry out opportunity and feasibility studies for different requests: expression of needs, risk analysis, estimates of costs and potential benefits. Setting up and running the various decision-making bodies.
IS project management:
- Manage the IS projects entrusted to him while respecting project management standards and best practices: project standards and stages, methods, documents, processes, etc.
- Evaluate the means to be implemented (human, technical, financial, …) for the projects.
- Supervise and coordinate the work of all project stakeholders and lead internal or external teams
- Set up and update project progress measurement dashboards and KPIs
- Organize steering committees, operational committees and various technical workshops with the various partners
- Analyze business processes and associated information requirements
- Guarantee deliverables, in terms of quality (compliance with specifications), budget, deadlines and security
- Define in collaboration with the business lines the technical and functional support (level 1,2 and 3)
- Ensure the development, analysis and budget monitoring of the project by expenditure item
- Report to your hierarchical and functional superiors, guarantee compliance with service level agreements and compliance of services.
Hierarchical and/or functional management of project team and service providers:
- Define the needs and recruit the profiles necessary for the projects according to the schedule and project evolution forecasts
- Participate in the recruitment of the profiles necessary for the deployment of the project
- Define and evaluate the objectives, carry out the annual interviews of the project team
- Supervise, motivate, federate and be responsible for all human resources (teams) of the project.
- Negotiate and manage the contractual relationship with service providers (services, contracts)
- Supervise and manage the relationship with the various stakeholders (internal and external).
Communication and approach to supporting change:
- Be responsible for the process of supporting new constraints linked to data exchange
- Develop a risk map and monitor the actions to be implemented to bring the IT project to fruition
- Manage and lead communication with teams and various stakeholders
- Prepare and manage change management and the communication strategy for the project
- Ensure the management and capitalization of all project files and documents.
Contribute to the development of transversality and ensure technological stability:
- Share information and knowledge, develop the ability to work with other services or departments as part of the management of cross-functional projects
- Provide critical insight and advice to teams on the technical aspects of interface development or data migration (validation of specifications, recipe books, etc.)
- Ensure technological monitoring in order to detect new technical and functional possibilities offered by the market in its area of expertise.
Education: Bac+5 level, master II or equivalent in information systems project management
- At least 3 years of experience in information systems project management is mandatory
- Experience in project management in the medical field would be an asset
- Experience with MSF or another international NGO is a plus
- Very good command of management and IS project management
- Very good management and organizational skills.
- Strong interest and ability to understand medical issues and subjects, as well as the constraints of intervention in the field.
- Good knowledge of call for tender processes and IS service provider relationships.
- Notions of urbanization processes and IS architecture.
- Mastery of IT tools (Office: Pack Office, Project management: Project, PSNext, etc., Process modeling tool),
- PMP or Prince2 certifications preferred
Languages: French mother tongue and English (B2 or C1)
Status : Full-time permanent contract, executive position, based in Paris, with the possibility of 2 days/week of teleworking.
Salary conditions : €54,584 thousand gross annually over 13 months.
22 days of RTT per year. Supplementary health care 100% covered by Médecins Sans Frontières. Restaurant vouchers with a face value of €11 (60% covered by Médecins Sans Frontières). Support for 50% of the public transport ticket.
Position to be filled : As soon as possible.
Our wish is to promote inclusion and diversity. We also want to improve the representation of people with disabilities within our workforce.
How to apply
Please send your application (cover letter and CV) until 09/30/2023
Only candidates whose applications have been selected will be contacted . _ _