SoCha (a portmanteau of Social and Change) is an independent Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) firm that provides bespoke solutions to social challenges. We are a US-registered, veteran-owned small business and staff support offices in Nairobi, Bangkok, and Mauritius. SoCha currently supports multiple foreign assistance interventions across Asia and Africa.
SoCha, LLC is contracted to provide Monitoring, Reporting, and Capacity Strengthening (MRCS) support to complement and augment USAID Senegal’s Sahel Regional Office (SRO) performance management of activities within its portfolio. MRCS will support Sahel Regional technical Office (SRTO), Sahel Regional Program Office (SRPO), the Niger Mission, the Burkina Faso Country Office, the Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) Resilience Food Security Activities (RFSAs) in Niger and Burkina Faso.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Evaluation and Assessment Specialist will take the lead on evaluations, analyses, and assessments throughout the life of the activity, including scope of work development, data collection, design of methodologies and protocols, data analysis and reporting writing. They will ensure the quality of deliverables/reporting of all evaluations, assessments, surveys, and special studies; and work with the Technical Director and other team leads to ensure that evaluation information is shared and fully utilized through knowledge sharing and strategic learning processes to speed innovation and to improve upon and bring new innovations to the Mission’s programmatic work in-country.
● Scoping, planning, coordinating, managing, and executing:
· Strategic studies to inform the USAID/SRO program portfolio;
· Performance evaluations, impact evaluations, and assessments;
· Data collection services, including desk review, in-person and online surveys, qualitative interviews, focus groups, GIS data and mobile data collection on behalf of the Mission and in support of implementing partners;
· Secondary data analyses and interactive visualizations such as data dashboards;
· Other analytical services that range across the full qualitative, mixed method, and quantitative spectrum;
● Participating as a core team member for evaluations, assessments, and other studies;
● Providing technical advice and guidance on qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods analytical studies and activities;
● Facilitation of learning activities, including sensemaking, validation, and dissemination workshops to support evaluations, assessments, and analyses, and collaborating with MRCS team members on the same;
● Support to MRCS and the Mission to implement the Performance Management Plan;
● Support the building of MRCS, implementing partner, and Mission staff capacity and skills to conduct monitoring, evaluation, analysis, and learning activities, and
● Other duties as appropriate related to achieving the goals and objectives of MRCS.
Minimum qualifications and experience
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Masters preferred).
· 5+ years of demonstrable experience in the design, management, and implementation of assessments, evaluations, analyses, and special studies.
· Expertise conducting MEL activities in one or more of the following technical fields: Economic Growth and Environment; Education; Health; Peace and Democratic Governance.
· Strong knowledge in quantitative and qualitative methodologies as well as extensive experience drafting and finalizing evaluation reports.
· Previous experience supporting USAID-funded contracts preferred. Level 4 English ability (fluent) is required, French fluency preferred.
Ouagadougou Burkina Faso.
How to apply
Applications close 03 June 2023, application review will be on a rolling basis