Field-based position with visits to the headquarters in Geneva
Médecins sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent humanitarian organization providing medical aid to victims of man-made or natural disasters, epidemics, and endemics. Its Operational Centre in Geneva is responsible for medical assistance programmes in 24 countries.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- To direct requests related to field implementation to the most appropriate resources, sharing the implementation toolkit to the right stakeholders.
- To support colleagues in the different MSF OCs, identify relevant implementers within the requesting missions or the OC’s system, and support them in acquiring solid knowledge on MSFeCARE, such as:
- Rational, approach and objectives of an eCDSS,
- Requirement and specificities of eCDSS-based field interventions,
- Assessments to conduct before implementing an eCDSS in the field.
- In a training-of-facilitators approach, train and coach relevant staff (cells and missions) in the MSFeCARE field implementation process and support them to build the following capacities (as per the MSFeCARE implementation toolkit):
- When requested and validated following the validation lines (missions > med. Referents cells > DirOps/Dir Med as sponsor and supervisors of the transition team), to directly lead eCARE intervention deployments on site together with the field team of the targeted missions (when there is no other human resource available to support the field team to deploy)
- To support each eCARE focal point in each OCs in improving the MSFeCARE implementation toolkit and tools and to contribute to capitalization reports
Education & Experience
- Medical Degree
- MSF field experience
- Strong experience as trainer
- Knowledge of MSF operational work and policies
- Fluent French
- Fluent English
Personal Abilities & Skills
- Commitment to MSF’s Principles
- Cross-cultural Awareness
- Adaptive to fast changing environments and strong problem-solving skills
- Analytical Thinking
- Results driven and Quality Orientation
- Service Orientation
- Planning and Organising
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience in epidemiology or monitoring and evaluation methodologies swill be considered as an added value
- Ability and willingness to travel
Terms of Employment
- Fixed-term contract, 14 months
- Full-time, 100% (40h/week)
- Working place : Field-based position with visits to the headquarters in Geneva
- Practical working conditions in the field are in accordance with the MSF OCG volunteer manual.
- Ideal start date: April 17th, 2023
- Gross monthly salary: CHF 5’500.- based on 100%
- Benefits: Health insurance and living expenses in the countries of intervention and at headquarters, paid according to internal regulations.
How to apply
Candidates submit their application following the requirements: CV 2 p. max. – letter of motivation 1p. max. – in French or English.
Deadline for application is April 2nd, 2023. Nevertheless, we reserve the right to close the position early if we consider the number and quality of applications received to be sufficient.
The applications will be treated confidentially.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
At MSF, we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our staff members. We strive to create workplaces where teams of people with diverse backgrounds, characteristics, perspectives, ideas and experiences work together for the social mission of MSF to create better outcomes for our patients and the communities we work with.
We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, background, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.
MSF does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of discrimination or harassment, including sexual harassment. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo reference checks.