Do you want to evolve in a profession that makes sense and join an activist association? Join us ! When you work at Médecins du Monde, you know why you get up in the morning: great causes to defend, a friendly professional environment, a work/personal life balance and also great prospects for development! The wide variety of our projects opens up many opportunities for internal mobility with access to individual and collective training, to support everyone’s career path.
You know us without knowing us: Médecins du Monde is a militant medical association of international solidarity present in nearly 30 countries and 15 regions in France. We have been committed for more than 40 years to caring for the most vulnerable populations and to bear witness to the obstacles observed in terms of access to care. You are not a doctor? Do not panic, 75% of employees occupy non-medical positions.
We have almost 500 employees under French law, but also 1,400 employees in the field internationally and more than 1,500 volunteers in France. Civic engagement and volunteering are at the heart of our associative model. At Médecins du Monde, volunteers and employees have a common commitment: solidarity. We invite you to embody this value by working alongside us!
Emergency interventions in the face of crises, conflicts and natural disasters are one of the priority areas of intervention for Médecins du Monde.
The International Operations Department (DOI) is made up of 4 operational divisions: Europe-Asia, Africa, and Latin America & the Caribbean, Middle East, North Africa (LACMENA) and the emergency unit. It also includes the security department and the institutional development department.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Under the responsibility of the Director of International Operations (DOI), you manage all of the association’s emergency operations and guarantee the association’s rapid response capacity in areas in crisis. You contribute to the development, guide and coordinate strategies on emergencies, in conjunction with association bodies and the MdM network.
You directly supervise a multidisciplinary team of 5 people at headquarters, and a team of aerialists.
Your main responsibilities are:
Contribute to the definition of intervention strategies
- Contribute to the monitoring and forecasting of emergencies and humanitarian crises and be a force for proposals on intervention strategies
- Boost the dynamics of emergency preparedness (e-prep) with headquarters and field actors
- Develop appropriate intervention strategies based on field information and emergency scenarios and make proposals to associative bodies and DOIs
- Deploy the orientations of the management and the Board of Directors (CA), disseminate and follow them by defining the objectives of the emergency unit in line with the general objectives of the DOI
- Develop and monitor the operating budget for the emergency service and stock
- Analyze requests for support and needs of long-term pole managers, define priorities with the DOI, and monitor these interventions in conjunction with the long-term pole managers concerned
- Participate in the definition of inter-MdM network emergency actions and lead collaboration with the MdM network in the context of emergency responses
- Define, lead and monitor emergency partnerships in accordance with the DOI
Manage emergency operations
- Operationally implement the association’s emergency response strategies, validated in conjunction with the DOI, directly and/or in conjunction with the long-term poles
- Guarantee the application of security rules on the ground and manage crisis management if necessary, in collaboration with the security unit
- Represent MdM with authorities, partners, donors, media, etc.
- Monitor the management of human resources, the use and management of the financial resources of the missions
- Pilot certain missions live
- Participate in the various internal bodies (CUI: Cellule Urgences Internationales, groups, pools, etc.) on crisis management and emergency response
Supervise, animate and manage the team of the emergency cell
- Directly supervise a multidisciplinary team made up of two emergency operations managers, a health adviser, a program support officer, a secretary and a Gender-Related Violence (GBV) adviser and a pool of seven flyers
- Advise, arbitrate and support the teams on the measures to be taken in the event of difficulty, malfunction and/or incident
- Animate a support team that is not hierarchically attached to you, composed among others of a logistics referent, HR referent and a management control/accounting team
- Co-manage with human resources the breeding grounds/pools and prioritize the assignments of flyers
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Contract: Permanent contract
Position to be filled as soon as possible
Regular field trips to international missions, particularly to crisis areas
Gross monthly salary of 4,262 euros
Position status: executive Equivalent
13th month paid in 2 instalments – from 6 months of work seniority Mutuelle
(60% participation of MdM and 40% of the employee)
22.5 RTT / year
5 weeks of paid vacation / year
Meal vouchers worth 9.00 euros (60% participation of MdM)
Reimbursement in respect of public transport at 50%
Telework agreement subject to eligibility for your position: 110 days of telework per year (i.e. an average of 2.5 days of telework per week) with the obligation to work face-to-face at least 1 day per week Oral communication in
person Face-to-face or by telephone
Work on screen / in open space
Médecins du Monde promotes the training and internal mobility of its staff.
Find the conditions and benefits for our positions in France: https://bit.ly/3x5MezL
As part of the mechanism to combat the financing of terrorism and money laundering, any candidate selected is likely to be subject to a background check on international exclusion lists (United Nations , European Union, France, United States, …). This information is treated confidentially and archived on a secure server. For more information on the processing of personal data in this device: http://bit.ly/3CSThBs
REQUIRED PROFILE :
Training and/or experience in project management
Training or experience in public health is a plus
Significant field experience in NGOs in general coordination in emergency contexts
Field experience with MdM is a plus
Solid experience in security management and in the management and team leadership
Ability to federate a team
Ability to develop a strategic vision
Strong resistance to stress
Availability, responsiveness, diplomacy
Mastery of the Office Pack
Languages: fluent in French and English, both written and spoken, essential; and a good level of Spanish required
You adhere to the values and militant positioning of Médecins du Monde.
NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE PROCESSED OVER THE PHONE
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to close recruitment before the deadline for submitting applications.
MdM is committed to the integration of people with disabilities and fights against all forms of discrimination.