Do you want to evolve in a profession that makes sense and join an activist association? Join us ! When you work at Médecins du Monde, you know why you get up in the morning: great causes to defend, a friendly professional environment, a work/personal life balance and also great prospects for development! The wide variety of our projects opens up many opportunities for internal mobility with access to individual and collective training, to support everyone’s career path.
You know us without knowing us: Médecins du Monde is a militant medical association of international solidarity present in nearly 30 countries and 15 regions in France. We have been committed for more than 40 years to caring for the most vulnerable populations and to bear witness to the obstacles observed in terms of access to care. You are not a doctor? Do not panic, 75% of employees occupy non-medical positions.
We have almost 500 employees under French law, but also 1,400 employees in the field internationally and more than 1,500 volunteers in France. Civic engagement and volunteering are at the heart of our associative model. At Médecins du Monde, volunteers and employees have a common commitment: solidarity. We invite you to embody this value by working alongside us!
Emergency interventions in the face of crises, conflicts and natural disasters are one of the priority areas of intervention for Médecins du Monde. Our financial independence, the strength of our partnerships, the involvement and flexibility of our teams are all key elements in providing an effective response to these disasters.
In MdM’s current strategic plan, emergencies and crises are listed as a priority theme under axis 1: Promoting health through access to care and the development of the law. Hosted within the Department of International Operations (DOI), the emergency unit is an operational service implementing the association’s emergency programs in acute situations of armed conflict, in response to epidemics or following natural disasters. It is made up of an integrated team and a team of field acrobats coordinators, has a medical and non-medical buffer stock and benefits from specific decision-making circuits that promote responsiveness.
To date, the emergency cell manages the Afghanistan and Ukraine missions.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Under the supervision of the head of the emergency unit, you provide technical support to the project teams in order to ensure the quality of programs and medical activities in their development and implementation.
You have a functional link with the head of the Quality of Practices unit (Health and Advocacy Department) and you work in collaboration with the medical coordinations in the countries of intervention, but also with the medical coordinators. pharmacy coordinator for the emergency unit.
Your main tasks are:
- Provide technical support to field teams in the preparation and follow-up of exploratory missions, the development of operational strategies as well as in setting up and monitoring projects
- Technically support the development of operational strategies for MdM emergency interventions in accordance with the association’s reference frameworks
- Support humanitarian advocacy with figures and examples from the field
Project monitoring and quality
- Provide support to the coordination of health programs in monitoring the quality of projects and facilitate access to the resources necessary for the implementation of quality standards
- Issue recommendations and adjustment proposals to ensure the quality of projects during regular remote monitoring and during field visits
- Supervise the preparation and validation of medical orders after checking their relevance and consistency
- Ensure the adaptation of MdM health protocols and policies to the contexts of intervention, identify the needs for development of tools and frameworks
- Contribute to capitalization
- Participate in the definition and development of the quality policy, update the reference frameworks
- Mobilize the various internal technical expertise according to the needs of the missions
- Ensure or contribute to the development and facilitation of internal or external training
- Remotely support the coordination of health programs in the management of their programs, the management of their teams and representation at the national level
- Contribute to the development of job descriptions for medical staff
- Participate in the recruitment process for medical coordination positions and health program manager positions, carry out their briefings and debriefings
- Represent Médecins du Monde at conferences, technical meetings and symposia.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Contract: Fixed term contract
Position to be filled on a fixed-term contract as soon as possible until November 20, 2024
Regular travel to international locations (around 20% of working time)
Gross monthly salary of 3,362 euros
Position status: Executive
Equivalent 13th month paid in 2 instalments – from 6 months of effective working seniority
Mutual (60% participation of MdM and 40% of the employee)
22.5 RTT / year
5 weeks of paid vacation / year
Tickets restaurant worth 9.00 euros (participation up to 60% of MdM)
Reimbursement of public transport ticket at 50%
Teleworking agreement subject to eligibility of your position: 110 days of teleworking per year (i.e. in average 2.5 days of teleworking per week) with the obligation to work face-to-face at least 1 day per week
Oral communication face-to-face or by telephone
Work on screen / in open-space
Médecins du Monde promotes the training and internal mobility of its actors.
Find the conditions and benefits for our positions in France: https://bit.ly/3x5MezL
As part of the mechanism to combat the financing of terrorism and money laundering, any candidate selected is likely to be subject to a background check on international exclusion lists (United Nations , European Union, France, United States, …). This information is treated confidentially and archived on a secure server. For more information on the processing of personal data in this device: http://bit.ly/3CSThBs
REQUIRED PROFILE :
Doctor’s training or other medical or paramedical training
At least 3 years of experience in coordinating health programs in humanitarian contexts
Knowledge of public health
Experience in the management of programs funded by institutional donors
Sense of training
Faculty of adaptation
Sense of rigor
Languages: fluent in French and English, both written and spoken, essential
You adhere to the values and militant positioning of Médecins du Monde.
NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE PROCESSED OVER THE PHONE
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to close recruitment before the deadline for submitting applications.
MdM is committed to the integration of people with disabilities and fights against all forms of discrimination.