*Location to be determined by home country of successful candidate in a jurisdiction (US state or country) where WVI is registered to operate.
World Vision International
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Here’s where you come in:
As Health and Nutrition Advisor / South Asia and Pacific Region, you will provide overall technical leadership to the South Asia and Pacific region on Health and Nutrition. The role has the following core areas of focus:
- Provide technical advisory support and guidance to SAPO and Field Offices on current and emerging Health and Nutrition issues, standards and relevant core project models, promising programming and advocacy practices, and lessons learned (this may include the establishment of a ‘Regional Knowledge Hub’ and/or ‘Community of Practice’).
- Represent and lead WV SAPO on strategic health and nutrition networks, engaging as ‘thought leader’ and ‘technical expert’ with priority internal and external priority stakeholders (e.g., UNICEF, ASEAN, etc) Joining Forces, etc.)
- Lead and initiate health and nutrition related initiatives to build regional collaboration (research, advocacy, programming) and positioning
- Bachelor degree in Health and Nutrition, such as Public Health, Medical Doctor, and Nutritionist.
- Master degree in Public Health preferred.
- Strong technical expertise in health and nutrition, including Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Adolescence Sexuality and Reproductive Health (ASRH), and Social protection with 5 years of experience at international level.
- Demonstrated experience working in NGO and living in the South Asia and Pacific countries is preferable.
- Excellent writing skills as shown through technical documents, thought pieces, and proposals
How to apply
Is this the job for you?
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position and apply online by the closing date 02 MAY 2023.
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.