Summary of Essential Job Duties:
The health and nutrition supervisor working in the field at the Minawao refugee camp will be responsible for supporting the proper implementation of health and nutrition activities in the camp and strengthening the patient referral and counter-referral system for emergency secondary and tertiary care.
A. ESSENTIAL DUTIES/SCOPE OF WORK:
1. Organize and monitor project activities
• He/she will be part of the care team; it will provide health care in the health posts of the Minawao camp as well as interventions in the community
• He/she will be responsible for supervising the field team in the implementation of project activities.
• Support staff in the appropriate use of project documents at the field level
• Support the project manager in strengthening the referral system to facilitate the establishment of the referral information system including recording information at the referral point and at the referral care provider; disaggregated data on the number of patients referred, the place and cause of referral, the result of these referrals and their cost and ensure appropriate and continuous medical follow-up of referred cases
• Organize and oversee the implementation of specific and nutrition-sensitive interventions and document the impact of these interventions on the lives of refugees in the Minawao refugee camp
• Identify gaps, challenges and needs related to the proper implementation of project activities and provide solutions and/or report to the project manager in time. This may include, among others, infrastructure needs (minor rehabilitations), human resources, organizational challenges and logistical gaps and needs
2. Program Management
• He/she will work closely with the health and nutrition project manager to ensure that project activities are effectively implemented taking into account the PPA and national and international standard standards of care
• Ensure that medical and nutritional consumables and other program resources are well managed
• Actively participate in the identification and orientation of the basic health care and nutrition needs of the various services and provide answers or provide feedback to the project manager
• Participate in the development of the terms of reference (TOR) for the various project activities as well as the requisition documents for purchase (PR)
3. Reporting and coordination
• Collaborate with the various department heads and staff of the Minawao health area to ensure that the quality of the data collected is better
• Contribute to the drafting of project reports (monthly, quarterly, mid-term, annual reports) as well as the drafting of proposals for future projects
• Analyze the epidemiological situation of the health system and take corrective measures and/or report to the project manager
• Work in collaboration with other team members to strengthen the referral system between the community and the health facility
• Represent IMC at any meeting conducted in Minawao Refugee Camp (CCCM, committee meetings and others) as well as other meetings outside the camp as directed by the Program Manager
4. Monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning
• Support monitoring of project indicators and work with health facility staff on ways to improve achievement of these indicators
• Ensure that staff working in the health facility are regularly informed of project achievements. This will be done by providing feedback on weekly, monthly and other activity reports
• Contribute to the drafting of the monthly and quarterly narrative report of UNHCR and ECHO project activities
• Support IMC Community Feedback and Response Mechanism (CBFRM) at community and health facility level
• Perform any other function assigned by the supervisor
B. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE :
• Hold a state diploma in senior nursing or its equivalent
• Have at least 5 years of experience in a similar position
• Proof of professional experience in primary health care services including the management of acute malnutrition of at least 02 years with NGOs operating in a similar environment
• Possess a good command of first aid care, including patient referral
• Be of Cameroonian nationality and have the ability to work in a team
• Possess written and oral communication skills in French and English
• Good ability to work in a multi-ethnic environment
A. TRAINING / CAPACITY BUILDING:
Advocate and plan professional development for yourself and any staff you supervise;
Provide inputs and provide training as appropriate to national staff to increase their responsibilities in order to build capacity and ensure program sustainability.
Ensure compliance with security protocols and policies;
Ethical Conduct of IMC Staff :
International Medical Corps maintains a code of standards of conduct that governs the performance of its employees engaged in the awarding and administration of contracts. No employee, officer or agent shall participate in the selection, award or administration of a contract funded by donor funds if there is a real or apparent conflict of interest. Such a conflict arises when the employee, officer or agent, immediate family member, partner or organization that employs or is about to employ any of the parties listed above, has a financial or other interest in the business selected for the award. Officers, employees or agents of IMC shall not solicit or accept gratuities, favors or anything else of monetary value from contractors or parties to sub-agreements. These standards provide for disciplinary action in the event of violations of these standards by officers, employees or agents of IMC.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and among beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Code DeConduite :
Depending on the position, the candidate must promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout the organization and maintain a clear understanding of and adhere to International Medical Corps and donor compliance and ethics standards. standards.
If in a supervisory position, role model ethical behavior through own conduct and supervision of the work of others; ensure that those reporting to you have sufficient knowledge and resources to follow the standards outlined in the Code of Business Conduct and Ethics; monitor the compliance of those you supervise; apply the International Medical Corps Code of Conduct and Ethics and policies, including the Safeguard Policy and the Protection Against Harassment, Bullying, and Sexual Misconduct in the Workplace Policy, consistently and fair; support employees who, in good faith, raise questions or concerns.
It is the shared responsibility and obligation of all staff to safeguard and protect the populations we work with, including adults who may be particularly vulnerable and children. This includes protection against the following behaviors by our staff or partners: sexual exploitation and abuse; exploitation, neglect or abuse of children, at-risk adults or LGBTI people; and any form of human trafficking. Staff are also responsible for preventing violations of our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, which may involve conflicts of interest, fraud, corruption or harassment. If you see, hear or learn of any violation of the Code of Conduct and
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age , disability or veteran status.
***International Medical Corps does not solicit any fees, payments, or other monetary transactions from job applicants. If you are the subject of any financial solicitation in connection with this recruitment, please contact International Medical Corps at the website:*** www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com .
How to apply
Composition of the application file: CV and cover letter; Proof of diploma and training presented; Employment certificates relating to professional experience; 3 Professional references; Applications marked “Application for the position of Health & Nutrition Supervisor” to International Medical Corps at the following email address [email protected]
NB: Only pre-selected Candidates will be contacted.
For the National Director and by delegation, the Human Resources Coordinator