Position: Health Program Manager
Line Manager: Programs Manager
Workplace: Turkey/NW Syria
PAC is an active NGO established in 2012, registered in Turkey, active in NWS, with other small operations offices in both Yemen and Sudan.
In NWS; PAC is a leading organization in both the health and Nutrition sectors through several central programs that work to improve the resilience of crisis-affected communities in NWS.
PAC’s programs always aimed to build and support the active health and nutrition systems in the target areas through maintaining a high level of integration across several sectors and leads central services to facilitate the provision of the service that other actors are running in NWS.
PAC is fully applying for the Protection against sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA) principles in all its work stages, as well, PAC is highly committed to creating a safe service provision environment based on humanitarian principles, and international humanitarian law, clean of any racism.
The Health Program Manager oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects related to ongoing Health activities, including planning, organizing, leading staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide management, guidance, and technical oversight of all new and existing projects within PAC health throughout the project cycle to ensure project design, start-up, implementation, and close-out are in line with PAC quality principles and standards, donor guidelines, and health best practices.
- Provide overall project management, including developing and managing timelines, leading project planning, and coordinating deliverables in collaboration with health cluster, stakeholder, and partners.
- Development of work plans and budget management, in collaboration with the Finance Manager, Grants Manager and CEO, according to Program outputs and results,
- Prepare and oversee project implementation to ensure timely delivery of project activities (for example, monitoring against log frames, individual performance management work plans).
- Monitor program activities to ensure quality and accuracy of work according to contractual and grant commitments.
- Manage his or her teams to complete program goals on time and on budget and ensure his/her team understand their roles and responsibilities, including regular program performance meetings (weekly/bi-weekly) with direct reports to discuss progress, challenges and corrective measures required, and with all Health staff on monthly basis for group discussion to discuss the overall performance of the program and needed support/challenges.
- With support from the Monitoring & Evaluation team put in place an M & E plan for projects, ensuring this links to reporting requirements, and capacity build health field staff in carrying out the work.
- Support MEAL in putting accountability mechanisms in place for Health components of projects, ensuring that feedback is responded to in a timely manner, and that feedback from children and their families is considered in project design.
- provide recommendations for corrective measures/modifications in line with the program needs, M&E, and donor’s regulation.
- Prepare timely programme and donor reports on project activities in compliance with internal PAC requirements and any relevant external donor requirements.
- In collaboration with team members, develop and maintain strategic relationships with local partners, local authorities, and vendors.
- Ensure all health technical procedures/Sops and policies) are properly applied by all field-based staff at the project sites, and that agreed upon corrective measure (identified by programs and MEL) are applied.
- Identify programme supplies needs and coordinate with the logistics team to put in place a sensible phased procurement plan, and support the logistics team on storage, transport, and stock management of medicines.
- Work constructively with support teams to ensure sound administrative practices with regards to record keeping, compliance with PAC and donor regulations, communications, etc. including staff recruitment, procurements (running cost management), drugs management from logistic perspective and other expenses related to the program.
- Identify learning and training opportunities for health staff and work as a mentor and role model for less experienced staff.
- Contribute and lead the health program inputs for the grant opening, grant review meetings and grant closeout meetings.
- Ensure that the minimum standards of humanitarian relief are maintained in accordance with the Sphere Charter.
All the tasks mentioned above will be primarily done from PAC HQ Office in Gaziantep -Turkey. but travels within the Region (northwest Syria) can represent a significant amount of time.
Qualification, Experiences and Competencies:
- University degree in Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacology or any other medical field.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in humanitarian assistance, including a minimum of 3 years in Health programs;
- Excellent knowledge of the humanitarian sectors, and experience with and knowledge of humanitarian standards and Syrian context.
- Excellent knowledge in Project life cycles.
- -High skills in planning and delivering multiple activities, workplans and tasks under pressure to strict deadlines and high levels of precision.
- Ability to work with and lead a team and to work independently, with minimal supervision and well under pressure while taking and facilitating team and programmatic decisions.
- Proven skills in managing others, leading teams, reporting, analyzing, and problem solving.
- Must be able to maintain highest level of confidentiality regarding work-related information and data.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Ability to manager remote teams.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work with diverse people, communities, and cultures.
- Fluent skills of English and Arabic.