Job Title: Health Program Officer – Türkiye
Effective date: May 10, 2023
Job Code: TR08
MedGlobal is a global humanitarian non-profit organization providing medical and health education services to people in need, including refugees and displaced persons, in disaster and underserved regions. The organization is composed of medical and public health professionals of diverse backgrounds.
CODE OF CONDUCT
MedGlobal’s Code of Conduct reflects the profession’s core set of beliefs and values of care, respect, trust, and integrity. These beliefs and values are fundamental to MedGlobal employees, volunteers, interns, consultants, officers’ coordinators, and directors to guide their practice and conduct.
The Code is organized into categories, as follows:
Always act with fairness, honesty, integrity, and openness; respect the opinions of others and treat all with equality and dignity without regard to gender, race, color, creed, ancestry, place of origin, political beliefs, religion, marital status, disability, age, or sexual orientation.
Provide a positive and valued experience for those receiving service within and outside MedGlobal
has the following responsibilities and duties:
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the HealthProgram Manager, the incumbent contributes to an effective and efficient implementation of confidence-building project components related to civil society strengthening through a range of actions contributing to the design, planning, management, and monitoring of project activities.
The Health Program Officer works in close collaboration with the Projects team in the field as well as the team in the Country Office (CEO) for the effective achievement of results, anticipating and contributing to resolving complex program/project-related issues and information delivery.
The Health Program Officer in close cooperation with the project team, under the direct guidance and supervision of the Project Manager, will ensure the provision of development services (commensurate with the scope of the Programme) of the highest quality and standards.
- Ensure practical coordination of assigned areas of project activities to meet expected results.
- Ensure the implementation of the support to confidence-building projects in the field of civil society and provide the necessary support to field staff.
- Maintain daily contact with the field staff to be aware of the operational updates and give the required technical support.
- Participation in the creation of the 4Ws report and the responses of the programs to weekly M&E reports
- Contribute to the wide dissemination and visibility of project achievements. Support mechanisms for the exchange of information, experience, and lessons learned at the local and national levels;
- Other duties as assigned by the direct supervisor.
Manage project budget.
- Establish a monitoring and evaluation plan for the project.
- Ensure timely submission of financial and activity reports,
- following up on all logistical and administrative activities of the project
- Contribute to the preparation of qualitative work plans and financial progress reports as may be required by the Program Manager.
- Provide support for the preparation of procurement/contracting and financial delivery reports for the program manager.
- Timely submit the above-mentioned deliverables;
Requirements and Skills:
Health Program Officer should have the following skills, education, and experience:
- Minimum degree required: Medical degree, master’s degree, or equivalent Four -year degree. A Master’s degree in social sciences, political sciences, cooperation, and international relations is desirable.
- Turkish Nationality
- Language skills: fluency in English and Arabic are required.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Kobo toolbox, Power BI, and data collection tools required.
- Years of work experience: a minimum of 2 years of experience in managing international cooperation projects and/or humanitarian aid; in Northwest Syria, with a focus on health and community health activities.
- Leadership and coordination skills, result orientation.
- Ability to communicate.
- Planning and organization skills, time management.
How to apply
Interested candidates may apply through the above link:
Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
The applications will be reviewed and candidates will be selected irrespective of the expiration of the application period.