Job Title: Health Technical Manager – Turkey
Reporting to: Country Director
Effective date: May 07, 2023
Job Code: TR07
MedGlobal is a global humanitarian non-profit organization providing medical and health education services to people in need, including refugees and displaced persons, in disaster and underserved regions. The organization is composed of medical and public health professionals of diverse backgrounds.
CODE OF CONDUCT
MedGlobal Code of Conduct reflects the profession’s core set of beliefs and values of care, respect, trust, and integrity. These beliefs and values are fundamental to MedGlobal employees, volunteers, interns, consultants, officers’ coordinators, and directors to guide their practice and conduct.
The Code is organized into categories, as follows:
- Always act with fairness, honesty, integrity, and openness; respect the opinions of others and treat all with equality and dignity without regard to gender, race, color, creed, ancestry, place of origin, political beliefs, religion, marital status, disability, age, or sexual orientation.
- Provide a positive and valued experience for those receiving service within and outside MedGlobal
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage and lead the technical work and team for the project, providing technical direction for health service delivery in the program regions.
- Establish and implement technical supervision, management, and quality improvement systems. This includes supervising health professional training.
- Ensure that the development of health and nutrition initiatives is in accordance with sector recommendations as well as government, WHO, UNICEF, donor, Sphere, and Med Global guidance.
- Create technical components for annual work plans, write technical portions for quarterly reports, and ensure project technical goals are reached on schedule.
- Create and lead program quality evaluations to monitor project performance and give technical support to ensure that vital health services are implemented in accordance with technical criteria.
- Develop connections with various players in the health and nutrition sectors, the UN, donor representatives, and other NGOs.
- Represent MedGlobal at meetings with donors, working groups, and sector coordination.
- Support the program team in identifying potential donors (such as nutrition supplies) and in the evaluation of potential partners in the fields of health and nutrition.
- Provide information (stories, case studies, and images) to MedGlobal’s Communication and Advocacy section to showcase health and nutrition programs and their impact.
- Provide technical advice and recommendations in the acquisition, storage, and distribution of health services and commodities.
- Support the formulation of health assessments and the analysis of health and nutrition data with the MEAL department and partners.
- Keep an eye out for potential hazards, outbreaks, and changes in the community’s health and nutritional status.
- Assist the MEAL department in choosing relevant indicators and technologies for monitoring health activities.
- Strengthen the monitoring and reporting system in collaboration with the MEAL department.
- Recognize new trends and chances to adapt technical techniques and initiatives.
- Provide assistance and close monitoring for the testing of new/adapted project models/approaches.
- Recognize unexpected outcomes and seek to modify projects and sectors to solve issues and capitalize on possibilities.
- Other duties as assigned by the direct supervisor
Requirements and Skills:
Health Technical Manager should have the following skills, education, and experience:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in humanitarian health interventions, required Education, training, license, registration, and certification:
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, or relevant medical degree
- Strong understanding of health processes and models including treatment protocols for NCDs, SRHR, communicable disease, mental health, PHC supplies, RH kits, basic health facility equipment, and pharmaceuticals
- Good coordination and networking skills
- Ability to work in and contribute to a collaborative team environment
- Willingness and ability to travel to project areas
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills
- Humanitarian relief experience with INGOs or UN in the health and nutrition sector
- Strong Communication and language skills, spoken and written in both languages Arabic and English. Turkish is preferred.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure.
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours as required.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Google Drive.
- Able to work under pressure and multitask amongst chores.
- Excellent team player, proactive, and able to work in a multicultural environment.
How to apply
Interested candidates may apply through the above link:
Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply.