Catholic Medical Mission Board (CMMB) is an international developmental organization that believes in a world in which every human life is valued, and health and human dignity are shared by all. We believe that access to quality healthcare is a basic human right. For nearly 110 years, we have worked with global partners to deliver locally sustainable, quality healthcare solutions to women, children and their communities. For further information on CMMB South Sudan, visit our webpage at http://www.cmmb.org/join-our-movement/careers/vement/careers/).
CMMB has been working in South Sudan for over a decade providing a package of integrated health services to vulnerable populations in South Sudan. CMMB supports the Ministry of Health (MOH), working with other health partners, to provide: (a) a continuum of care through integrated health services and related capacity strengthening at the community, facility and policy levels; (b) health infrastructure strengthening through construction and renovation to increase access to safe and secure health services; and (c) Health seeking behavior change communication through education, awareness and advocacy. CMMB also promotes equal access to basic essential medicines through its medical donation program.
The PI will have overall responsibility for the program. This individual will provide strategic leadership and oversee the team managing all program activities and supporting operations. He/she will have primary responsibility for liaising with CDC and other stakeholders in program areas, as well as coordinating with the management team, other implementing partners and NGOs, and government agencies. He/she has final responsibility for program delivery, including planning, budgeting, and implementation of the technical vision and approach, as well as reporting and ensuring that all levels of the program and sites are working in alignment with CDC and Ministry of Health policies and protocols. He/she will ensure the program complies with award terms and conditions, CDC policies and regulations, and organizational systems to mitigate risk of fraud, waste, and abuse. He/she will hold ultimate responsibility for the safety of the staff. The PI will supervise the recruitment, hiring, and supervision of all staff and will have overall responsibility in the areas of operations, administration, logistics, procurement, budgeting, and financial accounting. The PI reports to the Country Director and works closely with the Finance and Admin Director as well as the Technical program team in HQ.
Roles and responsibilities
- Serves as the official contact point providing overall program management and strategic direction.
- Oversees technical and operational functions for achieving program targets and goals.
- In coordination with the Finance and Admin Director, Provides financial management and accountability of all program deliverables, ensuring compliance with all government and donor regulations.
- Provides leadership and team building and supervises program personnel, consultants, and other staff as assigned.
- Serves as the primary liaison between the program and CDC in country; as well as with other stakeholders including CDC and USAID HIV funded implementing partners and stakeholders.
- Oversees preparation of monthly activity schedules and program reports and submits them to the donor on time.
- Oversees implementation of the Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Plan, to inform an evidence based decision making and promote a culture of continuous quality improvement.
- Oversees development of the annual implementation plan, budgets, and other deliverables per donor and Ministry of Health requirements.
- Provides progress reports and situational analyses and attends coordination meetings and events as required.
- Ensures that managerial, administrative, and financial procedures comply with CMMB and donor policies and procedures and that the program is implemented per CMMB business principles, policies, and procedures.
- Serves as a primary point of contact with NGOs, media, local government officials, and other program stakeholders in program areas in particular and South Sudan more generally.
QUALIFICATIONS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Advanced degree in health, social sciences, public administration, business administration, international relations or a related field.
- At least 10 years of experience managing donor-funded and/or other development programs related to health, with demonstrated experience leading a team to achieve development results.
- At least 10 years of progressive leadership position managing HIV&TB programs at a strategic level in complex settings.
- Management experience in civil society, governance, organizational capacity building, advocacy and other related sectors.
- Ability to motivate, influence and build strategic partnerships with the Ministry of Health and other government representatives for smooth implementation of the program.
- Experience working building sustainability through capacity building for great ownership of relevant national stakeholders at all levels of administrative structures
- High-level fluent written and spoken English; knowledge of Arabic and advantage.
How to apply
How to apply
Please submit your CV and covering letter addressed to CMMB South Sudan at the following email address: [email protected]. Please note that CMMB is obliged to undertake a PSEA reference check on the selected candidate, and by applying you consent to this additional check on your person. Thank you for your interest in serving with CMMB in South Sudan.