In direct and continuous contact with the Director of Infrastructure, the role of the Infrastructure Project Manager is to contribute to the good result of technical projects through the design, field implementation and monitoring of maintenance from a technical, administrative, finance and logistics for infrastructure projects within Fondation Mérieux.
The Infrastructure Project Manager will see his activity according to the following types of projects:
- Construction/renovation of medical biology laboratories and health infrastructure.
Mission: to take charge of health infrastructure design or renovation projects, in particular medical biology laboratories in developing countries, according to the following standard process:
- Definition of user needs
- Laboratory design
- Drafting of specifications
- Drafting of tenders
- Consulting service providers and/or suppliers
- Supervision of construction works or renovations of laboratories in the field
- Monitoring the progress of the project and compliance with deadlines using the monitoring indicators put in place
- Consulting and technical assistance for health infrastructure construction/renovation projects in developing countries according to the needs of our partners and what is provided for in our agreements with them.
Experience and profile
- Initial training: Infrastructure engineer – Industrial engineering
- Additional training / specialization: Health infrastructure
- Experience in the position: > 8 years
- Business skills required
- Engineering (construction process, civil engineering)
- Knowledge of building construction stages
- Behavioral skills required
- Interest in development aid and public health projects.
- Knowledge of the realities on the ground, particularly at the level of the regions of intervention
- Openness and interest in understanding the implementation context
- Teamwork, initiative
- Autonomy and flexibility
- Organizational skills and rigor
- Languages: French, English
Created in 1967, the Mérieux Foundation is an independent foundation, chaired by Alain Mérieux and recognized as being of public utility. Its mission is to contribute to global health by strengthening local capacities in developing countries to reduce the impact of infectious diseases that affect vulnerable populations, especially mothers and children.
Present in some twenty countries in West Africa, Latin America, Asia and the Middle East, Fondation Mérieux articulates its action around four objectives:
- Increase access of vulnerable populations to diagnosis by strengthening clinical biology laboratories in national health systems;
- Strengthen local applied research capacities through the training of researchers, the development of collaborative programs and the creation of Rodolphe Mérieux Laboratories, transferred to local players;
- Develop knowledge exchange and public health initiatives in conjunction with the Center des Pensières;
- Acting for Mother and Child in a global health approach.
How to apply
Please send a CV and a cover letter to the following email address: [email protected], specifying the title of the job offer in the subject of the email.
Thank you for your interest in Fondation Mérieux and for submitting your application. The latter will be investigated. Without any return from us in six weeks, we thank you for considering that your application has not been accepted.
Fondation Mérieux will process your personal data in order to process your application. For this purpose, we are likely to do research on professional social networks.
The Mérieux Foundation may retain your application for future needs for a period of two years. After this time, your application will be deleted.
For more information on the processing of personal data at the Mérieux Foundation, we invite you to consult the dedicated page on our website.