In direct and continuous contact with the Director of Infrastructure, the role of the maintenance manager is to contribute to the proper monitoring and implementation of preventive and curative maintenance of the laboratories built and monitored by the Mérieux Foundation.
The Laboratory Maintenance Manager will be responsible for:
Ensure the follow-up of the designs and maintenance of the LRMs (Rodolphe Mérieux Laboratories) in conjunction with the Technical Director of the LRMs
- Take charge of the planning and monitoring of the execution of maintenance plans for P2 and P3 type laboratories by providing specific skills in compliance with costs, deadlines and production requirements,
- Diagnose malfunctions and ensure resolution,
- Ensure the implementation and implementation of curative maintenance actions on equipment, installations
- Inform users of the actions carried out and train them,
- Proceed and monitor preventive maintenance actions and/or metrology of sites abroad according to the schedule established and the documents provided.
- Ensure the daily management of a set of diagnostic and research laboratories distributed in different countries with high microbiological safety equipment (P2 and P3).
- Update technical documents (technical files, manufacturer manuals, etc.) and working documents (documents under QA),
- In liaison with its Technical Director, to be a Fluids and Energies technical support for the construction of buildings and laboratories with biological and chemical risks dedicated to biology abroad.
Experience and profile
- Initial training: HVAC or industrial engineering technician
- Additional training / specialization: HVAC and laboratory environment
- Experience in the position: > 5 years
- Business skills required
- Design of confined laboratory type L2 -L3
- Knowledge of building construction stages
- Preventive maintenance
- Corrective maintenance
- project management
- Behavioral skills required
- Interest in development aid and public health projects.
- Knowledge of the realities on the ground, particularly at the level of the regions of intervention
- Openness and interest in understanding the implementation context
- Teamwork, initiative
- Autonomy and flexibility
- Organizational capacities
- Languages: French, English
Created in 1967, the Mérieux Foundation is an independent foundation, chaired by Alain Mérieux and recognized as being of public utility. Its mission is to contribute to global health by strengthening local capacities in developing countries to reduce the impact of infectious diseases that affect vulnerable populations, especially mothers and children.
Present in some twenty countries in West Africa, Latin America, Asia and the Middle East, Fondation Mérieux articulates its action around four objectives:
- Increase access of vulnerable populations to diagnosis by strengthening clinical biology laboratories in national health systems;
- Strengthen local applied research capacities through the training of researchers, the development of collaborative programs and the creation of Rodolphe Mérieux Laboratories, transferred to local players;
- Develop knowledge exchange and public health initiatives in conjunction with the Center des Pensières;
- Acting for Mother and Child in a global health approach.
How to apply
Please send a CV and a cover letter to the following email address; [email protected] specifying the title of the offer in the subject of the email.
Thank you for your interest in Fondation Mérieux and for submitting your application. The latter will be investigated. Without any return from us in six weeks, we thank you for considering that your application has not been accepted.
Fondation Mérieux will process your personal data in order to process your application. For this purpose, we are likely to do research on professional social networks.
The Mérieux Foundation may retain your application for future needs for a period of two years. After this time, your application will be deleted.
For more information on the processing of personal data at the Mérieux Foundation, we invite you to consult the dedicated page on our website.