Special Vacancy Notice
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Psychosocial Project Assistant
Place of Work: San Miguel, San Salvador- El Salvador
Classification: General Service, G4
Type of contract: Special Short-Term Contract with Grade (SST Graded) – 6 months with the possibility of extension
Estimated start date: As soon as possible
Closing date: June 16, 2023
Reference code: SVN 2023/008 SV
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations and, as the lead UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply for this vacancy. For the purposes of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered primary candidates.
The International Organization for Migration (IOM), established in 1951, is the leading International Organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM’s work is to contribute to the orderly and humane management of migration; promote international cooperation on migration issues; help find practical solutions to the challenges of migratory movements and offer humanitarian assistance to migrants.
The “Project of Scholarships for Educational Opportunities” (The Project), seeks to mitigate irregular migration from El Salvador by increasing equitable access to formal and technical education opportunities for potential migrants and Salvadoran returnees to generate hope, prosperity and positive self-esteem in their lives
Under and the direct supervision of the case management supervisor, he/she will be responsible for performing the following functions:
Functions and responsibilities:
- Support the implementation and monitoring of mental health activities, psychosocial support, life skills aimed at young people and adult scholarship holders and their families during the development time of the project, ensuring that the relevant information on psychosocial matters for each case is registered in the file of the people and project system
- Contribute in coordination with the Case Management Supervisor to the design, updating and implementation of a psychosocial care plan in coordination with the implementing partners of the project beneficiaries.
- Provide direct follow-up and provide psychosocial support to people who are referred by the implementing partners.
- In coordination with the direct supervisor, articulate and coordinate with the Ministry of Health or other institutions/organizations that work in mental health care and psychosocial support, the referral, care and follow-up of cases that merit complementary assistance to the program.
- Carry out and monitor the psychosocial support activities to be developed in the project, in coordination with the implementing partners: Planning and inter-institutional coordination, training, awareness days, among others.
- Maintain direct lines of communication and preparation of executive reports, reports of field activities, reports of psychosocial care activities, humanitarian assistance, delivery of stipends, monitoring of beneficiaries, on a daily, weekly, monthly basis and as necessary for the coordination of the Project .
- Support with the delivery activities of humanitarian assistance in the reception centers, border posts or the place determined by the Project.
- Support with the preparation and maintenance of case files of project beneficiaries in an orderly manner and in physical and digital form.
- Support compliance with the administrative and financial processes of the project and the OIM.
- All the activities that, within the framework of their functions, are requested according to their experience and capacity by the Health Coordinator, the Project Manager and the Head of Mission.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- University certificate of studies at the Bachelor’s level in Psychology from an accredited academic institution, with at least two years of relevant professional experience in individual and group psychosocial care for populations at risk, with special emphasis on children and adolescents, including migrant children, development and experience with groups in vulnerable conditions.
- Experience in psychological guidance, individual and group psychosocial care for populations at risk, including young and adult migrant populations, development projects and groups in vulnerable conditions.
- Facilitation of workshops through participatory methodologies on issues of mental health, social cohesion, life skills.
- Work experience developing social-emotional support programs for youth and adult learners will be an asset.
- Experience in clinical psychology will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of the migratory context in the North of Central America is an advantage.
- Intermediate domain of Excel databases.
- Maintaining updated databases and identifying relevant information for the project objectives.
- Information systematization.
- He achieves his goals in difficult situations.
- Effectively coordinates actions with implementing partners.
- Work effectively with local authorities, partners, beneficiaries and the community at large to advance country or regional office objectives
- Spanish (Fluent spoken and written)
- English (Fluent spoken and written) Required
The holder is expected to manifest the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences. Support diversity and inclusion where possible.
- Integrity and Transparency: Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles and rules and conduct guidelines.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner, showing good judgment in facing daily challenges.
Core Competencies – Level 1
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective collaboration within your unit and in conjunction with others to achieve common goals and optimize results.
- Producing Results: Produces and delivers results on time and with a service orientation. Is given to action committed to achieving the agreed results.
- Knowledge management and sharing: Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Responsibility: Takes it upon themselves to comply with the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for their actions and the work delegated to them.
- Communication: Encourages and contributes to open and clear communication. Explains complex issues in an informative, inspiring and motivating way.
How to apply
Any offer made to the candidate in connection with this vacancy notice is subject to confirmation of funds.
The appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit to work, has the required work and residence permits and security clearances.
How to apply:
Internal candidates who meet the required qualifications should submit the Internal Application Form and a letter of interest to: [email protected] indicating the vacancy reference number and position title. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Deadline to apply for this vacancy is June 16, 2023.
External candidates who meet the required qualifications must submit their CV (maximum 2 pages), and a letter of interest to: ***[email protected] ***indicating the vacancy reference number and the position title. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Deadline to apply for this vacancy is June 16, 2023.
For more information, please refer to https://redhum.org/vacancies
- To consider the candidacy valid, OIM only accepts documentation that meets the required and complete profile (CV and motivation letter).
- Those applications received at a later date or that do not specify the name of the call will not be considered.
- Only candidates who meet the required profile will be contacted. The attachment must not be larger than 2MB.