The Program Assistant – Social Mobilization will provide technical and programmatic support for BA-Nigeria’s community mobilization interventions. S/he will also support activities in other program areas as directed by the State Coordinator or technical area leads at BA-Nigeria national office in Abuja. S/he will work closely with the Program Officer – Social Mobilization, other technical program officers in the state, the State Coordinator and Abuja HQ technical leads to ensure integrated and comprehensive implementation of BA-Nigeria’s program activities at the state level.
Job Title: Program Assistant – Social Mobilization
Reports to: Senior Program Officer – State Coordinator
Location: Bauchi, Sokoto, Ebonyi & Kebbi
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to the general duties described above, specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Support implementation of community mobilization activities in collaboration with the Program Officer – Social Mobilization, LGA Supervisor, Community Volunteers, State and LGA Health Educators, Ward Development Committees and other stakeholders
- Support advocacy with religious and community leaders to create an enabling environment for practice of MNCH+N, FP and Malaria behaviors, as applicable
- Support training and supervision of LGA Supervisors, Community Volunteers and other social/community mobilization agents working supporting the BA-Nigeria project
- Support the implementation of BA-N community capacity strengthening approach.
- Assist to develop MNCH+N, FP and Malaria SBC materials (as applicable) for use by:
Volunteers and Ward Development Committees
- Participate in the development of project strategies, workplans etc.
- Support the BA-Nigeria M&E team and State Coordinator to effectively collect, collate and report social/community mobilization data as required
- Assist with preparation/writing, submission and editing of timely and quality activity reports including success stories; and collaborate with relevant teams to ensure documentation of all community mobilization activities;
- Assist in promoting community participation and inclusion so as to encourage community ownership over activities implemented;
- Assist with the establishment and maintenance of effective relationships at the State level with health partners, implementing partners, State MOHs and other key stakeholders,
- Other duties as identified and assigned by supervisor and/or HQ program leads
- HND or bachelor’s degree with at least 3-5 year’s work experience in advocacy, social and/or community mobilization in family planning or any reproductive health programs Excellent communication, and organizational skills; and ability to influence and facilitate advocacy agendas at LGA and State level
- Understanding of local communities and cultures in the relevant states and ability to communicate fluently in local languages.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to travel and work in difficult settings, including remote rural areas of Nigeria.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, or similar software
- Well-organized, with ability to track multiple activities and deadlines
- Experience in providing administrative support to work teams
- Ability to work successfully ins cross-cultural, team-based environment:
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward PDF copies of their CVs to [email protected] by Thursday 3rd November 2022. The subject of the email should be the job title and location (of choice) e.g., ‘Program Assistant – Social Mobilization, Bauchi’.
Qualified female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
C:\Users\elias\Documents\JDs BA-N Job Adverts\JD Program Assistant-Social Mobilization_Revisedshittu.docx