The Lab scientist will be responsible for ensuring that all laboratory services provided in the Stabilization Centre are in accordance with the national guidelines and meet the minimum standards for good laboratory services.
- S/He will be responsible for establishing and/or supervising all laboratories and laboratory services within the Stabilization centre project in Dikwa and Magumeri.
- S/He will supervise and ensure the laboratory services provided in these health facilities
- include basic screening tests for blood-borne diseases, grouping and cross-matching of blood, and that all blood and blood products are in line with established standards and are free of any
- known transmissible infections.
- S/He will ensure quality control in the laboratory as a major responsibility of the project.
- S/He will be involved in training and supervising local staff (the laboratory assistants and other project staff that may require laboratory training), oversee any testing occurring in the
- laboratory as required by the project and ensure that they conform to acceptable standards.
- S/He will ensure that there is proper record keeping and stock monitoring within the laboratory of all consumable supplies and will also be responsible for ensuring proper records.
- of any laboratory tests conducted or supervision of any other delegated party for the same.
- S/He will ensure that there is adequate information provided to all relevant project staff regarding safety protocols for handling specific laboratory products, that various samples are.
- processed in accordance with their biohazard/safety level and will also coordinate follow-up of samples in the event of transfer.
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree (BMLS) or its equivalent in clinical/medical laboratory science. Alternatively, a person may have held a position as a medical laboratory scientist.
- laboratory technologist or medical laboratory analyst, MUST be registered with the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria (MLCSN) and must possess a current practicing license.
- Must possess a minimum of 3 years relevant post-qualification experience working in a laboratory.
- Experience working as a laboratory scientist or laboratory assistant in a Stabilization center is a plus.
- Must have experience in sample collection of various laboratory samples.
- Must have experience in hematological, chemical pathological and microbiological analysis
- Experience in developing and coordinating a supply management system with respect to laboratory supplies
- Knowledge of all basic laboratory techniques and quality control systems is very essential to this role.
- Good communication and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to work cohesively in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to work under pressure, in shared quarters and in uncertain security circumstances is required in this role.
- Attention to detail and dedication to duty
- Good computer skills required – especially Microsoft Office (Excel and PowerPoint)
How to apply
Interested candidates should complete the form and attach their CV with Cover Letter following this format “Surname_ Position you applied for”.
ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirements of the position will be contacted.
Application Deadline: apply no later than 11th June 2023 at 4:00 PM.
INTERSOS is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply”.
INTERSOS does not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment. Applications are processed according to the order of arrival. INTERSOS reserves the right to close the offer before the term initially expressed in the advert if an applicant is accepted.
For more information about INTERSOS, go to https://www.intersos.org/en/what-we-do/nigeria/