Chemonics seeks a technical advisor – maternal and newborn health for the ongoing USAID Frontier Health Markets Engage (FHM Engage) project. The project aims to provide technical assistance (TA,) supporting local actors to improve the ability of health markets to meet supply-side capacity gaps and consumer preferences, contributing to equitable provision of and access to high-quality family planning (FP), maternal and newborn health (MNH) and other health services and products in mixed health systems. The technical advisor – maternal and newborn health will provide MNH-specific technical guidance and input across FHM Engage activities. This position is remote but, preferably located in the US, Tanzania, Madagascar, Nigeria, Liberia, Kenya, or Pakistan.
Chemonics International Inc. is a US-based international development consulting company, operating in over 95 countries. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Attend meetings for the internal FHM Engage technical leadership council and provide MNH contributions to current and planned activities
- Review methodology and implementation plans for activities including MNH components and provide technical feedback
- Work with in-country teams implementing activities with MNH components and ensure high-quality, MNH-specific technical considerations are incorporated:
- Nigeria – provide coaching and support to the quality advisor and chief of party on FHM Engage and provide technical review of key technical products such as market description/landscape of the private sector MNH product and service market (market description).
- Kenya – review technical products to ensure MNH technical considerations are incorporated. Technical products include: a market description, market facilitation guide, stewardship plan, rapid market scoping (financing).
- Kenya – provide technical inputs to the scoping of a new activity supporting the development of financing needs for private healthcare units providing MNH care.
- Tanzania – provide coaching to local technical team after reviewing work plan approach, MNH technical products produced to-date, and implementation plan and advise on clear methodology to achieve work plan deliverables related to MNH activities.
- Madagascar – provide coaching to local technical team after reviewing work plan approach, MNH technical products produced to date, and implementation plan and advise on clear methodology to achieve work plan deliverables related to MNH activities.
- At least 15 years of professional experience related to MNH
- At least 10 years of senior level experience in providing technical assistance to global and country level teams
- Experience in private sector approaches, market development, an understanding of market-based approaches in global health or strong interest in the private sector’s role in health
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills, and ability to communicate effectively to diverse audiences
- Ability to engage and coordinate with a wide range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English, written and spoken
- Working level knowledge of French is preferred
- Previous experience working on USAID-funded projects is preferred
Location: This position is remote but, preferably located in the US, Tanzania, Madagascar, Nigeria, Liberia, Kenya, or Pakistan.
Duration: Total: of 30 days over 5-6 months
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
How to apply
Please submit CV and cover letter with the position title in the subject line to [email protected] by March 14, 2023. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists