ALIMA AU CAMEROUN
Cameroon is experiencing two major crises that tarnish the country’s security, namely that of the northern front and that of the western front respectively linked to Boko Haram in the Lake Chad Basin and the secessionists of the English-speaking areas.
After a lull between 2018 and 2019, the Far North region of Cameroon has experienced a deterioration in the security situation since the second half of 2019; marked by attacks from the Boko Haram group mainly in Logone & Chari, Mayo Sava and Mayo Tsanaga.
The crisis that had been brewing in the English-speaking area since at least the period of independence was to turn into a secessionist demand with the corollaries of insecurity, population displacements, reduced access to basic structures, including those of health. …
ALIMA has been carrying out humanitarian assistance activities since April 2016 in Cameroon. The organization first intervened in the health district of Mokolo in 2016, before extending its activities to the health district of Koza where ALIMA remained until April 2018.
Following an assessment made in December 2016 in the DS of Makary and Mada, ALIMA implemented a project at the beginning of 2017, thus starting with Makary with moving towards an extension of activities in Mada.
ALIMA today continues its medico-nutritional activities for children under 5 in response to the humanitarian crisis prevailing in Cameroon in the Far North and North West regions, taking into account sexual health and reproduction in the departments of Mayo-Tsanaga, Logone and Chari and in the North-West
ALIMA develops nutrition care and reduction of infant mortality and morbidity activities in Bamenda and in the south-west in collaboration with its partner DEMTOU
Place of mission: Cameroon, Yaoundé with trips to Makary, Mokolo, North-West, South-West or any place according to the needs of the mission.
FUNCTIONAL AND HIERARCHICAL LINKS
- Reports to the Head of Mission
- His or her technical referent is the Medical Desk referent.
- Is the referent of the referring physician(s) for – the projects
- Collaborates with field project coordinators, coordination team
MISSION AND MAIN ACTIVITIES
You must define the objectives and technical orientations of the mission, propose strategies in line with the medical and humanitarian needs of the areas of intervention and provide technical support to all the medical teams of the mission.
1. Analyzes, defines and adjusts the medical objectives of ALIMA projects in his country of mission
- Data collection
- Analyzes, interprets and defines the mission’s operational medical strategy
2. Implementation of ALIMA programs
- Contributes to the organization of medical projects
- Participate in the pharma management of projects
3. Representation and communication
4. Capacity building and team animation
5. Team health
6. Implementation of preventive measures against abuse of power, gender-based and sexual violence
EXPERIENCES ET COMPETENCES
You have a medical or paramedical degree with a Master’s degree in public health, project management, epidemiology…
You have successful experiences in similar positions with a medical INGO, you know how to develop proposals and donor reports, you are comfortable in external representation and are able to participate in high-level negotiations.
You have skills in monitoring and evaluation, database management and enjoy sharing them with members of the medical team.
You are fluent in French and English both orally and in writing,
This position is for you!
Duration and type of contract : 12-month fixed-term contract (renewable)
Starting position : ASAP
Salary : According to ALIMA salary grid + experience + per diem.
- Shared accommodation supported by ALIMA
- Daily per diem according to the ALIMA per diem policy of the country and in proportion to the presence of the expatriate in the country of mission
- Health insurance paid for by ALIMA for him and his dependents.
- Plane tickets for breaks every 3 months (from 6 months of mission).
- Internal travel provided by ALIMA
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter online
Applications are processed in the order in which they are received. ALIMA reserves the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if an application is accepted. Only complete applications (CV in PDF format + Letter of Motivation) will be considered.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged.